Super Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Foundation

I love Bare Minerals products but not sure I will even try the new BarePro foundation. Talc is the first ingredient and usually makes my eyes water. I am really sad that they discontinued the Ready pressed foundation. Also, it may or may not matter to you butthe new BarePro does not have SPF. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923 wrote:

The ready foundationWoman SadWoman Sad has been discontinued.

this new foundation (with the talc) is the new foundation that is replacing the ready foundation

Really? Did a salesperson mention this or is it on the Bare Minerals site?

Now, I'm unhappy as that was a great product! Woman Sad

ETA: I see on several reviews that it's being discontinued. Oh well, there is still Urban Decay and Lancôme Dual Finish available.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

I decided to try this new pro foundation I bought at Sephora. I wear med. beige in loose, complexion rescue natural 11. I bought natural 11 in this new powder foundation as well. The shade seems to match fine. I used the ready foundation brush since I already have it when the ready foundation came out. The application went on nicely but I didn't get a medium to full coverage and I did apply several times. Today, I used It Celebration Foundation on one side and BM Pro Foundation on other.  The Celebration side seemed to give me better coverage than the Pro. I 'm not convinced the Pro has as many good ingredients as the It Celebration since it has talc as first ingredient. It did not last 12 hrs. I do like that it doesn't feel heavy & cakey on my face. No itching. I may return the Pro and stick with my Celebration since I get better results. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'll test drive anything.  When I saw BarePro at Ulta a few weeks ago, I tried it on.  I didn't care for the feel (a bit heavy).  Perhaps at home following my skincare, and with a bit of Spackle, I could have made it feel more comfortable for me.  I will say that the shade range is very impressive.  It is the first ever BareMinerals foundation which had a shade that actually matches my skin.  Lack of a color match (without using more than one color) was the reason I never became a devotee of the original loose powder.  It also factors into why I did not embrace Ready, or the liquid formulas the company has offered.

Super Contributor

@Trix,

That's why I like the Original so much -- I can match my skintone so easily. I tan naturally, and I get dark in the sun (I'm one of those strange people of Irish-American heritage who tans easily instead of burning -- both parents did, and I inherited it from them. Good thing -- I'm a lizard, and love lying in the hot Florida sun). I go from Fairly Light in the winter to Golden Tan with a smidge of Golden Dark in the summer, which means I need a range of colors to match my skintone at any one time. Having Fairly LIght, Medium Beige, Warm Tan, Golden Tan, and Golden Dark make it easy to create the shade I need, and tweak between layers as necessary (and, yes,  I'll admit it -- it's fun).

Esteemed Contributor

@kathya1119, As a woman of color I'm no stranger to mixing colors to get the right one.  Being over 60, when I started wearing makeup in the 1960s this was the only method available for getting the right color.  That is why in the 21st Century I simply refuse to patronize a foundation-- regardless of how much I like the formula-- if the brand does not jnclude a color to match my skintone.