Super Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals ~~ Bare Skin Serum Foundation ~~ Up For Advance Purchase!!!

So this is being presented on Friday 2/21/14, but wont ship until April 8???

Super Contributor

On 2/19/2014 Bethee said:
On 2/19/2014 ajonesone said:
On 2/19/2014 LovemyBE said: This is a big no for me. I was drawn to BE because of the unique loose minerals. They are so far away from that now with all their creams, liquids & Ready items. Really sad, but to those that don't care, I do hope you enjoy trying this product.

Love I was thinking the same thing, why are they going liquid when they have done so well with the powder, and I mean the loose powders not the ready foundation, I had zero luck with that, and I too will pass on this foundation.

For those of you on FB, Leslie has a note (longer post) about it and why putting out a liquid. It sort of makes sense (marketing/money-wise) but I agree, Love. Only good I see ordering from the Q is the brush since I imagine that will cost over $28 on it's own when/if they sell it like that. Maybe if I win the lotto, I could just splurge and buy it!! {#emotions_dlg.huh}

I'm with all of you on this one! In the past minerals were the best for your face & to see this "liquid" from BE? This really is the last straw for me! Just hope they keep selling my matte "minerals" !
Super Contributor

I just ordered the bare natural, as I only use BE makeup. I will let you know how it compares to the original ( still my favorite)

Super Contributor

Hi everyone.

I don't normally post in the BE forum, but I wanted to give a heads up about this foundation.

I got some samples and tried them this week. I don't have sensitive skin, but I now have a hive-type rash on one side of my face and down my neck on both sides. I've thought and thought about what could have happened and the only thing I've used different from my regular products is that foundation.

I'm sure it's just something that just didn't agree with me, but I would suggest doing a patch test if you order it.

BTW, it was a nice finish. Very light and skin-like....until the hives erupted! LOL!

Contributor

On 2/20/2014 azterry! said:

Hi everyone.

I don't normally post in the BE forum, but I wanted to give a heads up about this foundation.

I got some samples and tried them this week. I don't have sensitive skin, but I now have a hive-type rash on one side of my face and down my neck on both sides. I've thought and thought about what could have happened and the only thing I've used different from my regular products is that foundation.

I'm sure it's just something that just didn't agree with me, but I would suggest doing a patch test if you order it.

BTW, it was a nice finish. Very light and skin-like....until the hives erupted! LOL!

I'm sorry that you had an adverse reaction, and thank you for warning people to do a patch test first.

Where did you get your samples from? I would love to get a sample of a couple different shades in order to see which one is the best for my skin tone.

Contributor

On 2/19/2014 viva923 said:

I did pre order. I wear loose medium beige year round.

I ordered 1 bare satin

and 1 bare natural.

they are so close in color, wanted to check them out, send back the color that was not correct OR keep both will see

I think your best match will be bare natural. On bareminerals website it tells you the description for each color. Bare natural is for medium skin with natural undertones (mediumbeige) . Bare satin is for medium skin with cool undertones.
Super Contributor

On 2/20/2014 BeagleMama said:

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry that you had an adverse reaction, and thank you for warning people to do a patch test first.

Where did you get your samples from? I would love to get a sample of a couple different shades in order to see which one is the best for my skin tone.

I think I got them from Sephora. I got 4 samples. Two in the lighter shades and 2 in the deeper.

Frequent Contributor

I am sticking with the matte also.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/19/2014 viva923 said:

I did pre order. I wear loose medium beige year round.

I ordered 1 bare satin

and 1 bare natural.

they are so close in color, wanted to check them out, send back the color that was not correct OR keep both will see

I just called BE as I wear Medium Beige (in summer anyway) and they said the Bare Neutral was probably similiar.

New Contributor

On 2/20/2014 BeagleMama said:

Hi everyone.

I think I got them from Sephora. I got 4 samples. Two in the lighter shades and 2 in the deeper.

Just FYI -- if you got the samples from Sephora you probably received samples of the new BUXOM liquid foundation, not the new bareskin serum foundation as it isn't available until April/May...