Super Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals ~~ Bare Skin Serum Foundation ~~ Up For Advance Purchase!!!

This is a big no for me. I was drawn to BE because of the unique loose minerals. They are so far away from that now with all their creams, liquids & Ready items. Really sad, but to those that don't care, I do hope you enjoy trying this product.
Honored Contributor

I did pre order. I wear loose medium beige year round.

I ordered 1 bare satin

and 1 bare natural.

they are so close in color, wanted to check them out, send back the color that was not correct OR keep both will see

Frequent Contributor

On 2/19/2014 LovemyBE said: This is a big no for me. I was drawn to BE because of the unique loose minerals. They are so far away from that now with all their creams, liquids & Ready items. Really sad, but to those that don't care, I do hope you enjoy trying this product.

Love I was thinking the same thing, why are they going liquid when they have done so well with the powder, and I mean the loose powders not the ready foundation, I had zero luck with that, and I too will pass on this foundation.

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 viva923 said:

I did pre order. I wear loose medium beige year round.

I ordered 1 bare satin

and 1 bare natural.

they are so close in color, wanted to check them out, send back the color that was not correct OR keep both will see

Those are the two shades I was debating between.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I jumped. I actually NEED foundation. I am about halfway thru an original fair (and although I have tons of blush and bisque in my stash, no foundation). I have been thinking about trying something different. I have been tempted to go back to a non-powder foundation, but didn't want to leave BE...problem solved!

Michele

Frequent Contributor

I am going to wait until Friday to order when it is presented. I think Bare Linen is my color. I am fairly light in loose, and Ready, and a netural. I love that the drops go into the reservoir of the brush. Interesting!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} April seems so far away. Can't wait to try this.

Honored Contributor

I caved and ordered. I noticed that QVC isn't offering the fair shades just the light. I never know if I am fair or light. I ordered the Bare Shell and hope it's not too dark for me.

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 jordan2 said:

I caved and ordered. I noticed that QVC isn't offering the fair shades just the light. I never know if I am fair or light. I ordered the Bare Shell and hope it's not too dark for me.

I hope that works for you, jordan2. But even on the BE site where they show all 20 shades, there's only one lighter than the Bare Shell shade. It's Bare Porcelain "for the fairest porcelain skin with cool undertones."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 2/19/2014 ajonesone said:
On 2/19/2014 LovemyBE said: This is a big no for me. I was drawn to BE because of the unique loose minerals. They are so far away from that now with all their creams, liquids & Ready items. Really sad, but to those that don't care, I do hope you enjoy trying this product.

Love I was thinking the same thing, why are they going liquid when they have done so well with the powder, and I mean the loose powders not the ready foundation, I had zero luck with that, and I too will pass on this foundation.

For those of you on FB, Leslie has a note (longer post) about it and why putting out a liquid. It sort of makes sense (marketing/money-wise) but I agree, Love. Only good I see ordering from the Q is the brush since I imagine that will cost over $28 on it's own when/if they sell it like that. Maybe if I win the lotto, I could just splurge and buy it!! {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Super Contributor

Sounds interesting, especially with the brush. I love BE Original & Ready, I wonder if I would love this, because I haven't found a liquid foundation I've liked since switching to BE years ago.

If I were to try, I think Bare Shell would work for me since I now wear Fairly Medium in Original? And in the summer when I wear Medium, I guess Bare Satin would work? I assume those would be right for my cool tones.....

Tempting, but should I bother?