Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bar soap or liquid soap for hand washing?

[ Edited ]

Liquid soap is neater at the sink, so for that reason I generally use liquids.  A favorite of mine is Crabtree and Evelyn's LaSource. I keep a tube of hand cream along with the soap on the bathroom and kitchen sinks.  I also like Thymes and Perlier hand washes and creams.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks again, for more feedback! 

You are all the best! Heart

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the hand sanitizers have been harsh on my fingers and hands, too. They get even more dried-out and then my hands and fingers start to crack and bleed. Smiley Sad

I'm also keeping in mind what some of you said about trying First Aid Beauty products and also products without sulfates. I didn't think of sulfate-free cleansers for the hands. 

That's why I appreciate coming here--I always learn something new from all of you. Smiley Very Happy Heart

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and opinions. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I love Goat Milk stuff liquid soap.  Use it in foamer bottles.  It is a little pricey so I ordered their shreds (pre shredded from their bar soaps) and put 4 oz of those in 9 cups of water.  Melted the soap shreds in the hot water and let it stand for 24 hours, used a whisk to blend, then put into empty soap bottles or you can use mason jars with lids.  It made tons for $5.  It feels great and my hands are soft and smooth.

Honored Contributor

We have a full bath and a half bath downstairs for guests use and our use and I have liquid soap in hands-free dispensers in both baths.  In large part because guests do use them and we use them so often after opening boxes or going out, so the hands free is great.

I have a hands free one in the kitchen too.

In our bathroom I have liquid and bar soap because when we are there we have cleaned our hands from box opening or being out. I think L'Occitane makes wonderful hand soaps and creams.

Trusted Contributor

I have tried the L'Occitane hand creams before in the travel-size kits.

I really liked using it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I haven't read through all the responses, so please forgive me if someone else has posted about this......

I'll let others comment about bar vs liquid.   What I will recommend is a moisturizer that I get great results from....  CeraVe SA.  Has to have the SA to get results.  I'll use it any time during the day, but night time application is really important   good luck!  Let us know what you find.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, @ItsME .

CeraVe products were recommended to me, and I am just starting to try them out, a little bit at a time here and there. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your experience and your input, too. 

Trusted Contributor

Non-bacterial liquid soap at all sinks.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

I-have not used bar soap for EVER.  Do not like a soap dish..and, I like the ease of just pumping out my soap onto a wash cloth.

Honored Contributor

I use my Philosophy Shower Gel as hand soap.  I keep a 16 oz. bottle at my kitchen & bathroom sink.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.