Trusted Contributor

Bar soap or liquid soap for hand washing?

I wanted to know what you think about this, as my hands have been irritated and more dry from more frequent hand-washing.

I also have a tendency to get dermatitis/eczema on my hands, too.

I do moisturize them throughout the day to help with the dryness that occurs.

I'm just trying to get some opinions on what you folks like--do you prefer bar soaps at your sinks, or liquid hand soaps for hand-washing?

I was thinking of this as a result of the hand soap post in Community Chat. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

I'm trying to find something for hand-washing that won't possibly be so drying on my hands. 

Thanks in advance for your opinions. Heart

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bar soap or liquid soap for hand washing?

@Toppers3    I highly recommend Beekman goat milk bar soap.   I have not tried the liquid soap.  But...this is the best I have ever used.  Very moisturizing.  The Tuberose is a great scent.  I get mine from HSN.  Best price for 4 bars..plus free shipping.  

Honored Contributor

We only use liquid soap, and are not brand specific.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Toppers3  We use soap from a pump at the sink. However, if my hands get really bad, I put moisturizer on at bedtime and put white gloves on. That really helps. My mom used to use lard!!!

Honored Contributor

I have liquid soap in the kitchen, both kinds in the guest bathroom, and bar soap in the master bathroom and shower.  The bar soap I use for hand-washing is Dove; it's very mild.

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 -

I really like foaming soap fro a dispenser. And once you get the dispenser you can add regular soap and it still dispenses as foam.

the reason I like it is because it is very foamy lather and also much easier to rinse off.

Then I keep some lotion by the couch so I put it on anytime my hands feel dry I think that helps a lot.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've gone to liquid moisturizing soap.  I hated the mess of bars and was so glad to get rid of it, although, I have pretty soap dishes.  Now, they hold rings.

Esteemed Contributor

I only use liquid soap. Haven't used bar soap in decades. 

Valued Contributor

We use Dawn dishwashing liquid soap.  I don't find it too drying.

Super Contributor

Beekman 1802 bar or liquid soap will solve your issues.  It is made in the USA, upstate NY, with goat milk.  It's fabulous.  The best deals are when they are on air, either QVC or HSN.  ( however, they have a deal with HSN for free shipping, so check it out ).  The bar soap is triple milled, so it doesn't end up like a mushy puddle of muck.  Fresh air scent is a light lemon scent.  Ylang Ylang Tuberose is so nice, smells just like Channel #5.  The Vanilla absoulte is one of my all time favs, not sweet like birthday cake, but a nice real vanilla scent.