Esteemed Contributor

I had layered bangs for many years.I finally let them completely grow out. Now I have one-length hair (fine and thinner than it used to be, but ok)---and I am tempted to get bangs again. I have a hair appointment next Saturday and I think I am just going to for a shorter bob. Now, it is collar bone length and I may go just below chin length. Do you like bangs? If you have a bob, what length works for you?

Honored Contributor

When I was younger I had bangs. I loved them! But then my hair started to get thin on top and along my hairline. That made my bangs look awful so I had to grow them out. If I still had the hair of my youth then I would still have bangs. I just like the way they look on me...but sadly I can't have them any more.

Honored Contributor

For me, bangs all the way!  I've had them my entire life.  I have grown them out a time or two, but the no bang look just does not look good on me.  My bangs frame my face, so I stick with them.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Bangs. Long hair and bangs. Enjoying the retro look of long hair again!

Never had a bob but make youself happy with a bob and bangs.

Honored Contributor

I just realized this morning that my bangs had grown out so I grabbed a pair of scissors and now I have bangs again.

Bangs.  Definitely.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I have always wanted to wear bangs, but cannot as I have a cow lick right above the inner corner of my right eye.  I fought it for years until I finally decided to work with it.  I part my shoulder length hair there and it kind of gives me a "lift" in that area.  That is a good thing as my hair is straight as a stick!  And tends to be flat.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361   I  have a bob that's between chin and collar bone length.  I recently added a fringe of side swept bangs. I can wear them covering my forehead just a bit ...or if I don't want the look of bangs just sweep them all the way over.  They ususally stay in place with some spray. 

I feel that having them softens the overall style for my face.

Esteemed Contributor

Can't remember a time when I didn't have bangs. I'm currently growing out a shag haircut. I got sick of the layers and want it all one length. It's almost there after about 5 months. 

Valued Contributor

I have bangs and I have had them for over 30 yrs.

I have thick hair so it lightens the hair load. I have not had my hair cut since all this began. I have trimmed it myself.

I personally like bangs.

Honored Contributor

I can't wear bangs.  I have a cowlick/part on one side of center.