Super Contributor

Re: Bamboo Green Tea vs Tea Tree

Hi WenGirl42, no its not the ingesting, but if wheat or oats or anything with gluten touches my skin it causes a very itchy rash with huge welts. My skin gets sores and takes forever to heal. The only thing to give relief is Dapsone, highly toxic reduces your blood count. Its what they use on folks who have leprosy. I also get sick and digestive woes from ingesting wheat/gluten. Tough on my husband because he can't bring in a cookie with out a reaction from me Smiley Sad. I feel bad for him Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

On 6/9/2014 SiameezeLover! said: Hi WenGirl42, no its not the ingesting, but if wheat or oats or anything with gluten touches my skin it causes a very itchy rash with huge welts. My skin gets sores and takes forever to heal. The only thing to give relief is Dapsone, highly toxic reduces your blood count. Its what they use on folks who have leprosy. I also get sick and digestive woes from ingesting wheat/gluten. Tough on my husband because he can't bring in a cookie with out a reaction from me Smiley Sad. I feel bad for him Smiley Sad

Oh wow {#emotions_dlg.crying} I can totally understand wanting to avoid even the possibility of that! I would definitely call the salon and ask them about the oils...I have done some reading about Celiac's and about gluten and I know it can be present in things you would never, ever expect (like certain forms of vitamin E that can be found in cosmetics).

Super Contributor

Yup who would have guessed after 30 years of stomach pain, 3 naturopaths said I had celiac disease and MDs missed it until I decided to eat chicken fingers, clam strip, fries and garlic bread with minutes I looked like I had chicken pox! I didn't want to believe at 49 yo I could have celiac disease. Now its nice not to have bloating and stomach pain, plus my hair waves now like it used to as a child Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

613 CC is wheat-free although I realize that doesn't guarantee it's gluten-free. Does anyone know if it is?

KJPA
Super Contributor

I can use 613, Pomergranate snd seasonals Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

I'm gluten sensitive. Pom, 613 and the seasonals are all soy based and gluten free. Bgt and kids are rice based and gluten free too. As for the oils the only regular one I use is tea tree but I have no issues with it.
Valued Contributor

BTW I also react topically to gluten.
Frequent Contributor

On 3/14/2014 nekodaisy said:

I got and used the BGT tsv this morning. I found it to be drying but love the scent. I love TT on the scalp but the scent is a little over powering for using all over.

My question is since they both have tea as an ingredient can the BGT be used on the scalp as a replacement for TT with the same results.

I found the BGT to be drying too. Wish I had the luck that others do.

Respected Contributor

I like to use TT for my first cleanse and BGT as my second cleanse. I get great results this way.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!