Honored Contributor

Balance N'Brighten on Mature Skin???

I was wondering how Laura Geller's Balance N'Brighten foundation looks on mature skin?   I remember when I tried Bare Minerals and I thought I would scream -- it did not work for me.   If any of you ladies with mature skin use Laura Geller's foundation, let me know how it works for you.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Balance N'Brighten on Mature Skin???

@Katcat1 , it's ok, but there's a learning curve if you're older or have textured skin.  First, moisturize really well, then use a very little bit and really buff it in. (I mean you'll think you're buffing it right away.)  Using this method, it won't completely show lines or texture, but you won't get full coverage.  I use it on some home days to just use up what I have, but I've gone back to liquid/cream foundations or tinted moisturizer.  I used it for years and loved it, but now, at 64, it's not the best for my skin. Normally a fair/light foundation wearer, I have used the medium as a light bronzer - again, used lightly. Hope this helps.  

Honored Contributor

I liked the coverage, thought it was medium coverage, but wish it didn't contain talc...

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 I think that preparing your skin & applying the foundation "right" , it can look beautiful on any age skin.

It may not work for your skin type, but that is a different story.

Do you moisturizer or whatever you decide to wear under the foundation.

Then you can try different ways to apply the foundation. 

It may work better with a sponge, a dense brush or a looser packed brush. You can play with it to decide.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 I meant to add. I don't have Balance & Brighten, but I just got Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Powder Foundation today.

I love the loose powder & wanted to try this.

I applied it to half of my face with the included sponge. I'll see how it does in a couple of hours.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 65. I have dry skin but I moisturize my skin. I tried the BnB and it dried out my skin and made it look wrinkly (and I don't have wrinkles) so I stopped using it. I have nothing bad to say about talc, which it has, except that it dries my skin out terribly. I avoid it at all costs.

Respected Contributor

Didn't work for me no matter how I prepped.  Bare Minerals works much better for me, but I haven't used foundation in over a year since working from home. 

Super Contributor

Hi. I have mature skin and thought it looked slightly wrinkled intil I put Balance and Brighten on! I could see every nook, cranny and it was so dry looking. I think the lighting they use has some sort of blurring effect to make the skin look so smooth.

Honored Contributor

@LillyandHobo @nyc1 @SilleeMee @Dusty1 @CANDLEQUEEN    I appreciate all your input.  Thank you so much for replying.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10   Thank you so much for replying.  I think after all the replies I am on the fence with this one and will probably keep looking.

kindness is strength