Honored Contributor

Re: Balance N'Brighten on Mature Skin???

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like PUR Cosmetics 4-in-1 pressed mineral foundation. It's got a little bit of shea in it so it feels moisturizing. You can find it at PURCosmetics dot com, Ulta and other places...pretty easy to find. I've been using that for almost twenty years. The coverage is outstanding.

@SilleeMee I just tried recently and I really like this one as well......They have lots of shade choices as well. I remember seeing them on HSN a couple of years ago, but not recently.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops My favorites of his are his serums too, but especially his cold plasma products. No matter what line of cosmetics I use, I ALWAYS use the cold plasma first. My skin just soaks it up, so I must be lacking something that he has included in those products.

I have tried his "no makeup" makeup line, but they didn't give me coverage.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like PUR Cosmetics 4-in-1 pressed mineral foundation. It's got a little bit of shea in it so it feels moisturizing. You can find it at PURCosmetics dot com, Ulta and other places...pretty easy to find. I've been using that for almost twenty years. The coverage is outstanding.

@SilleeMee I just tried recently and I really like this one as well......They have lots of shade choices as well. I remember seeing them on HSN a couple of years ago, but not recently.

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Yes, Hsn had sold it in the past and I thought they still did. I had to edit my post b/c I mentioned Hsn had it, but not any more. I remember when PUR offered only 5 color choices when I first discovered them. They were called Purminerals back then. I bought my first kit from ShopAtHome channel and never looked back. I love it.

Respected Contributor

Didn't work for me.!!!

Frequent Contributor

Nope. I didn't like it. I want to, but, sadly, no. Mainly because it was not the correct color match for my skin. 

Also, it just makes my skin look more tired. I SO want to love this product. It has been around for so long, but it never worked on me, ever. Again, mainly because of the color match, but now it's because I don't like how it looks on my more mature skin.

Trusted Contributor

I had never liked liquid foundation, but was feeling I needed something to even out my skin tone as I got older. So I was excited to discover Balance&Brighten. It went on so beautifully and made my skin look so smooth--until I caught a good look at my face in birght light. Shadows in every wrinkle, and it looked quite artificial. I tried the primer and various prep steps, but in the end, I gave up. Too bad, too, because I liked the stuff. Now I wear a very lightly tinted, hydrating sunscreen and reapply whenever I need to. It doesn't conceal anything, it only evens the color a little bit, but it protects my skin and I think this is as good as it's going to get. 

Trusted Contributor

I have tried different colors over the years, always hoping, but I always have trouble with Laura's undertones. Light was too light and medium was too yellow. I found med-light somewhere else and thought "awesome!"

I put it on and the color was better. Did up my face quickly as I had an appointment. I have a make-up mirror that has indoor/outdoor/night light settings and it didn't look too bad.

I got in my car and glanced in my car mirror at a stop light and almost choked! It looked like funeral parlor make-up! I literally looked like I was a terrible color and shouldn't be driving a car.

It could have been my haste, maybe I applied too much, or maybe it was the brush I used so I can't put 100% of it on Laura. I did play around with it after that but it just never looked like my skin. It looked like powder ON my skin. Made wrinkles even deeper than they are.

I ended up tossing it anyway because that is when I realized the FIRST ingredient is talc! How in the world is she is still using talc, why would she be using talc, and how does she get away with using talc? I thought talc was banned from products? I know she doesn't own the company anymore, but talc was in this before she sold it so it has been her decision to keep using it.

Trusted Contributor

Wanted to add, wearing masks does have an upside to it. I hardly ever wear make-up anymore. My eyebrows is about all I do now. My skin has actually improved by not wearing foundation.

Contributor

Just turned 64 and have combination skin.  Balance N Brighten works for me.  I will say use with a light hand and use the correct color.  I would consider myself with light skin, but fair works best for me.  I have the light also but the fair looks better.  Also I think it looks better about 30 minutes after I apply it.  Love that it feels so light. 

Respected Contributor

I love Laura Geller's make up but her balance and brighten I can only use in the summertime. In the winter my skin is just too dry.

And no way around it, it is a powdered make up.