Super Contributor

Guess I was bored and decided to check out how to cover dark spots on You Tube. That didn't teach me anything but I found natural ways to lighten dark spots. I don't feel that these will do much but I did try cleansing with baking soda. I've used baking soda for many things but never my skin. They said to make a paste with water and lightly massage your face with it. That is a very natural and effective exfoliator. I was really surprised. If you have sensitive skin I would mix it with some cleanser and water to because it is gritty. My face feels like a baby's butt and my pores are smaller. My guess is that it doesn't lighten dark spots but does exfoliate to encourage fresh cells. I love that it only cost pennies also.

Honored Contributor

Re: Baking soda, who knew???

baking soda is used a lot for toothpaste so I guess the slight abrasiveness polishes the teeth also; baking soda has many uses; thanks for the tip

Respected Contributor

Also, the best mixture is orange juice, lemon juice and baking soda.

Recommended by the gal who owns the Bliss Spa's.

Honored Contributor

Long long ago when I was a teen you mixed it with milk of magnesia for a facial scrub. Maybe that makes some sense. . .

Respected Contributor

Why didn't I think of that !?!? Thanks (:
Frequent Contributor

I just used baking soda & vinegar to remove pet stains out of carpet. It worked great! Will try it on my face in am :-) Thx!
Super Contributor

It also unclogs drains.

Super Contributor

I'm a baking soda fiend now myself.lol I buy the giant huge sack from Sams Club.LOL

It's awesome for exfoliating your face--esp with the Clarisonic and a gentle cream cleanser. And it works wonders on dry flaky legs--like from wearing those non-breathable fuzzy jammies and heavy pants during these horribly cold winters Smiley Sad

I use it to clean everything now....sinks, bathtub,...even the toilet!!LOL

I think I really got hooked after our septic went wonky a couple of years ago--so I'm completely obsessive about what goes down our drains...No chemicals or anything that could mess it up. Baking soda is all natural and safe, so that's my number 1 cleaning product now! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I've been using it on my face for quite awhile now. I like it as an exfoliator, but I'm really hoping to lighten up some dark spots, including some melasma patches.

Super Contributor

I've been using it as a face wash with a little coconut oil mixed in. Exfoliates and moisturizers at same time!