Respected Contributor

Bad hair day I mean weeks

[ Edited ]

Not allowed to raise my left arm over my head, or reach or stretch. For six weeks post pacemaker implantation. So blow styling my hair is a no no. Umm. It's a good thing you can't see me right now. 😂😂😂

Luckily this is temporary and oh by the way this device that I've named Reggie, is saving my life 😍

Harmonize the World
Contributor

Re: Bad hair day I mean weeks

I'm sure you're beautiful anyway! I lost most of my hair when I had a mild case of covid. I always had awesome hair but now I have a few wigs and recently discovered turbans, try one they're great!

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Not allowed to raise my left arm over my head, or reach or stretch. For six weeks post pacemaker implantation. So blow styling my hair is a no no. Umm. It's a good thing you can't see me right now. 😂😂😂

Luckliy this is temporary and oh by the way this device that I've named Reggie, is saving my life 😍

Something you never think about until you can not use your arms like normal. After I dislocated my shoulder a Month and a half ago, I was apologizing to the nurses in the emergency room that my hair looked so bad....how vain is that😄.

I am just now able to get my hurt arm up over my head enough to fix my hair....still sore though.  Never take what we have  or can do for granted.... 🙂

Valued Contributor

When I lost my hair because of chemotherapy, I couldn't stand wigs. I used turbans in different colors to match outfits. A nice substitute.

P.S. my hair came back just fine a few months after I stopped treatment. Yours will too!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

Luckliy this is temporary and oh by the way this device that I've named Reggie, is saving my life 😍

Something you never think about until you can not use your arms like normal. After I dislocated my shoulder a Month and a half ago, I was apologizing to the nurses in the emergency room that my hair looked so bad....how vain is that😄.

I am just now able to get my hurt arm up over my head enough to fix my hair....still sore though.  Never take what we have  or can do for granted.... 🙂

lol yes I hear you apologizing, that's so Me also. We women are funny that way. Sorry about your shoulder. Yikes that must've hurt like heck. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I had difficulty using my arms after open heart surgery, I enjoyed a weekly blow out.  I can usually get three or four days out of a blow out and it really lifted my spirits.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Can you ask a friend to wash it for you once a week so it won't get matted?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope your recovery goes smoothly, @fairydogmother   This temporary inconvenience is worth it. I was in a similar predicament after my cervical fusion.  I was able to shower and could manage washing my hair, sort of.  I could blow dry it a little, from a distance, but curling it was another story.  My DH did the best he could to help me with that.  No, it didn't look right, but I appreciated the effort and said nothing but "thank you".

Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother when I broke my shoulder joint I could not do my hair, my stylist came to my house to wash it and then put it in a french braid. After the hospital they rehab center suggested a baseball cap or turban. The turban worked out well for me. 

Thank you for saving our friend, Reggie!!

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Frequent Contributor

@fairydogmother 

My prayers are that you are now well on the mend!  Thank you to Reggie a million times over!!  Heart