Esteemed Contributor

This happened to me except I swear she used scissors.  My hair frizzed out and using a lot of conditioner helped till it grew a bit.  It went away fairly fast as I recall; conditioner really makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

I always get a razor cut and love it, but I noticed since I have more gray my gray frizzes. I use WEN dry oil and that works.

Honored Contributor

@sillycat  Did your stylist always cut with a razor?  A razor should never be used on fine hair.  I have heard great raves about Aveda's Smooth products.  Check it out they may come in travel size to try out.  So sorry this happened to you.  Believe me, I know how it feels because I have had nightmare haircuts too.  Thank God, hair will grow!  Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

So sorry for you.  But I'd go back to her - give her a chance to correct it.  And tell her how unhappy you are.

Honored Contributor

Oh lord!!! I have been living the bad haircut tale for the last 8 weeks--have gone in 4x to 3 different people to get my first disaster cut fixed, without going bald. Am surprised I have any hair left. Finally have a cut that is decent but still needs more tweaking  to fix it. I go back to the #3 girl, as she was pretty good. What a joke!!!!

Honored Contributor

@sillycat

Sorry to hear this.  Someone did it to me once, I looked like a plucked chicken.  Left the shop in tears.

I have fine, straight, thick hair.  I’m loving WEN dry oil spray.  I lightly spray it all over my hair between cleanses and the scrunch it up, or just flip it about.  Gives my hair a lift, and does not make it oily, or weigh it down.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

Try a leave-in conditioner, see how that works.

Honored Contributor

Had mine razor cut once, never did again!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I  got a bad haircut, about a year ago.  I tried to calmly ask the person to please fix it. She had this big ego, was only oooking for big spenders ( BTW, i paid her $50) and she basically told me to hit the road-  

I’ve had so many bad haircuts, that now I cut it myself and  I’m never unhappy anymore!  🤓