Not applicable

Bad Customer Service Experience with Laura Geller NY store. Does QVC own her product line?

Their return policy is not CUSTOMER FRIENDLY. The 30 days BEGINS the date of ORDER not shipping or receipt date. I received my order during Christmastime (it took extra days to get to me) and had only 2-3 days to decide if I was satisfied with the products. I went past by 1-2 days and they would not budge on a credit card refund. I am done with them.

Super Contributor

Re: Bad Customer Service Experience with Laura Geller NY store. Does QVC own her product line?

That does seem unreasonable to me.

I don't think QVC OWNS her line but they obviously do sell it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bad Customer Service Experience with Laura Geller NY store. Does QVC own her product line?

It's highly unlikely that the own Laura's product line. She stands alone with her product and stores independently. I am pretty sure, however, that they do own Susan Graver, and I strongly suspect that they also own Logo and TempTations.

I remember a couple of years or more back when I had something that didn't come for quite a while, and when it did had to be returned. They said it wasn't within 30 days and didn't want to credit it, counting from the date of shipping. Seems unfair.

Trusted Contributor

I actually thought that the 30 day period starting from the date of order was fairly standard. Not all delivery sources are tracked so, in some cases, it would be impossible for an online site to "know" exactly when products were delivered. I do understand your frustration though and would think that the company could make some exceptions especially in periods of extreme winter weather that could significantly delay delivery.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always thought that the 30 days started with the date you ordered the product as they really wouldn't know when you received it. I just looked at the FAQ on returns on the QVC website and it says 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE YOU RECEIVED THE ITEM so,it appears that they should have allowed you to,return it. Companies usually do,have their return policies stated on their web sites so,it is a shame that you did not check the policy on line before you called CS.
Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2015 KathyPet said: I have always thought that the 30 days started with the date you ordered the product as they really wouldn't know when you received it. I just looked at the FAQ on returns on the QVC website and it says 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE YOU RECEIVED THE ITEM so,it appears that they should have allowed you to,return it. Companies usually do,have their return policies stated on their web sites so,it is a shame that you did not check the policy on line before you called CS.

She didn't order from QVC; she ordered from Laura Geller's site.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Laura Geller's website is one of the few makeup sites that start the 30 days as soon as you order, which is really awful since the two times I ordered from the site it took almost two weeks to get to me. That isn't very much time to test things out and return. However, I have only ordered from her site during a sale in which they clearly state NO RETURNS DURING A SALE, which I think is also lame. No other site does this unless they are clearanced items but regular sales items you usually can always return. And yes, of course they know when your products arrive as the tracking information has all the information.

I've give up on her products at this point. Her customer service is so bad that I don't want to support a company that for years has had terrible CS and refuses to change. I loved her sandbar eyeshadow but I don't need it that bad. Smiley Sad

Contributor

Laura Geller products are terrible. The only good product she has are the eyeliner pencils.

Contributor

Does Laura still own the company, or has it been sold like tarte, BE, philosophy, etc.?
Honored Contributor

I thought she lost the lease and the NYC store has been closed for a while............

♥Surface of the Sun♥