Super Contributor

Beautiful! I have natural nails and haven't worn polish in a couple of years. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife From one French manicure gel lover to another, your nails are beautiful! The length and shape are perfect.😊 Like you, I switch it up by season; reds for the Christmas season and French manicure for spring /summer season. I discovered the pink and white ombre effect look recently, and LOVE IT with a faint sparkle overlay.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Really nice, just the way I like my nails too. Short, clean and not pointySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

You have beautiful nails.  I think the berry red color nails are pretty.  Just not a fan of the french manicure anymore.  To me it looks dated.  I saw some ombre painted nails that were pretty.

I do my toes but never my hands unless its in clear to strengthen them up a little.  I cannot stand when polish chips so I leave them be.  Whatever suits your fancy!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Such pretty nails!  I've always done my own nails but haven't worn anything other than a clear base for a year and a half due to 6 numb fingers.  I don't know why I have trouble doing things just because they're numb :/

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@gtx 

Hard gel.  I switched from acrylics to hard gel (gel polish on top) several years ago & like them better.  No lifting...at least not with mine.

I've had this look for a long time. It was the most popular manicure where I lived in CA.  Fills were 20 minutes one time, 30 at alternate times when new white was needed. 

they do it where I live now, but they're slow.  I didn't feel comfortable sitting  there for nearly 75 minutes during high covid transmission periods.  I've let mine go natural but want to get back to professional manicures in the future....and when I find someone who isn't painstakingly slow!😁

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@SurferWife From one French manicure gel lover to another, your nails are beautiful! The length and shape are perfect.😊 Like you, I switch it up by season; reds for the Christmas season and French manicure for spring /summer season. I discovered the pink and white ombre effect look recently, and LOVE IT with a faint sparkle overlay.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

YES!  I do the pink & white ombré often, with a light glitter.  It looks beautiful, too.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Im do my own manicures, keeping my nails very short and natural.  I cut and buff them every two weeks or so, so they are always short and shiny. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Back to Basics

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife 

Yours look pretty.  I wear a blue red.  I wear my nails short.