Honored Contributor

Back in Stock Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% Multifunctional Brightening Formula

This doesn't stay in stock long at The Ordinary.  Just got a notice that it's in stock.  Don't know if anyone here uses it but you do, it's available (probably for a short time).

Honored Contributor

Re: Back in Stock Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% Multifunctional Brightening Formula

@monicakm Not familiar with this line or product.  Can you tell me about it please?

Honored Contributor

Re: Back in Stock Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% Multifunctional Brightening Formula

The line of The Ordinary products have transformed my face over the last few month.  Iv'e been waiting for this product to come back in stock and this time had them email me when it was available.  It's one of their most sought after products.  I'm using 6 of their serums.  Tried the glycolic acid but its WAY too strong for me (and my daughter).  Here is their write up on it...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found in grains, Azelaic Acid is produced naturally by yeast that lives on normal skin. It brightens the skin tone while visibly improving the evenness of skin texture and reducing the look of blemishes. It is a multi-functional support ingredient for all skin types and also acts as an effective antioxidant. This formula offers a very high 10% concentration of high-purity Azelaic Acid in a lightweight cream-gel system.

Directions

Apply to face AM and/or PM to improve visible brightness and the appearance of skin texture. Avoid contact with eyes and mouth. Use sun protection during the day. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients

Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Azelaic Acid, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Isohexadecane, Tocopherol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Our formulations are updated from time to time as part of our commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know we've read all these claims before but never have I ever used  products who's claims are as true as The Ordinary's

Trusted Contributor

Darn, I just bought my first tube of Azelaic Acid  from Paula Choice with 30% off and Free shipping and it was still about $30.   I didnt think to check this site.  Smiley Sad  I have only good things about this Acid so I thought I would try it...

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 

I too have heard only good things about this acid so when I got the email that it was finally back in stock, I jumped on it.  I'm not terribly sure what it's going to improve since the otherTO products have done such an amazing job on my face.

My skincare guru has moved on to other products for his skincare.  Not that he doesn't like TO anymore, he does, he says with all the testing of facial products, he's found things he likes better, BUT, the one TO product  he says he will still use is  Azelaic Acid.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm , since you tried both acids, could you say which is better for dark spots?  I'm fair complexioned, but I have a few stubborn spots from previous break outs.  Im familiar with The Ordinary,  I've tried the hyaluronic serum.

Frequent Contributor

I love TO, the products I've used have worked well and the price cannot be beat.  The Niacinamide 10%+Zinc 1% has completely saved my skin since mask wearing started.  I think I've had 2 pimples since I started using it 6 mo ago.  I love the Lyaluronic Acid 2%, I super dry skin and this makes it feel soft and silky.  I also use Granactive Retinoid 2% which I think I need to increase to the 5%, I can use this daily with no dry spots for a while.  

How could I incorporate the Azelaic Acid into my routine?  I have never tried anything else because I have no idea how to incorporate other products.

Honored Contributor

Azelaic acid is primarily used to treat pimples, acne and rosacea. It's an antiseptic meaning it kills the bacteria which causes skin infections. It's secondary function is it's ability to increase cell turnover which helps keep the skin clear of bumps, blackheads and acne.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

I don't have the Azelaic Acid yet so I can't say.  The product that I have that is supposed to help with the hyperpigmentation (like from old breakouts) is Niacinamide.  My face has definitely brightened and the tone is better but I use 6 or 7 different TO products so it might be something else that's helped too.  Hyaluronic Acid is a humectant (hydrator).  I don't think that helps with dark spots.  There may be other TO products for hyperpigmentation but I don't know what they are.  You can chat with TO experts.  They'll be better to answer your questions Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@monicakm , thanks...I was going to try the glycolic, but many here said its too strong.   I know hyaluronic is a plumping moisturizer and nothing for dark spots.  I had the Ordinary,  but I honestly didn't see anything helpful for plumping,  and the serum is on the thicker side.  As @SilleeMee explained about the azealia acid, I dont think I'd be interested since its not for spots.  Hope you enjoy either way.