Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Well at least my hair is, I just returned from the salon, and I feel like a new woman !  I wore my mask, in fact I told my stylist I'd of worn a hazmat suit if it meant I could get my cut and color. 🤣 I look so much better that I haven't stopped smiling ! 🥰

@QVCkitty1 Did they use the hair dryer on you?

The salon I'm changing from, asks you to come in with clean hair and they would NOT be using hair dryers.

@ECBG , I got the whole deal, color, wash , cut and blow dry. 

@QVCkitty1 We're in stage two.  What stage are you in please?

@ECBG , We are in Phase 2

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I just got mine cut too. I washed my hair first and didn’t have it blown dry. I also told my stylist that I didn’t want to talk while she was cutting which actually was kind of hard since we haven’t seen each other in four months. She stepped 6 ft away when we did talk. They were cleaning between clients, social distancing, everyone with masks, etc. I felt quite comfortable.

Frequent Contributor

Me, too! I got my complete cut & color last weekend and was amazed at how good it made me feel. In all honesty, my hair situation wasn't too bad. I was pleasantly surprised at how this simple regimen represented getting some normalcy back in my life. Gave me a spring in my step! SO good!!!

Honored Contributor

I texted my hairdresser yesterday to see  if they were open.  They are.  I'm just now needing a cut (I color my own hair).  Now I can't go because I have a right knee that decided it's to call it quits after 61 years Smiley Surprised   Knee pain is on a WHOLE other level!!! 

Anyway, I asked her if they were requiring any special COVID protocol.  She said no.  To date, 29 reported COVID cases and 1 death in our county.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I texted my hairdresser yesterday to see  if they were open.  They are.  I'm just now needing a cut (I color my own hair).  Now I can't go because I have a right knee that decided it's to call it quits after 61 years Smiley Surprised   Knee pain is on a WHOLE other level!!! 

Anyway, I asked her if they were requiring any special COVID protocol.  She said no.  To date, 29 reported COVID cases and 1 death in our county.

@monicakm   Perhaps your knee saved your life. No COVID regulations? Ridiculous! 

Honored Contributor

My hair is so much longer now than it's been in many years.  I will be taking pictures with me of how I want my hair cut.  My hair right now has it's wave/curl back in.  When my hair is short/medium, I get wavy/curly hair.  If it's long, it is straight.  When it is short layers it is straight.  My haircut appt. is at the end of June.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Our salons reopened last week.

My last haircut was in early March before everything shut down. At that time I scheduled an appointment in June. My hair is longer so I only get it cut every 3 months anyway. I do my own highlights at home.

The stylist called me the other day to see if I felt comfortable coming in. They’re wearing masks, social distancing, & disinfecting between clients. I didn’t think to ask about blow drying. Guess I will find that out next week. 

Esteemed Contributor

So happy for all those who got their hair done!  My salon not opened until June 22nd and I will be so happy to go!

To me  it is safer than going to ShopRite, the beach, or all the  gatherings that have been occuring.

Anxious to see what they will and will not do.

Trusted Contributor

Me too. I got my hair trimmed and highlighted. Oh, the highlights look so good. I am so glad to have access to my hairdresser! 

I had cut my hair into a shoulder-length bob before the virus, it was prescient! If I had layers it would have been butt ugly. I am worried COVID will be back so I am keeping it one length. It is curly so I am doing the beach wave look for this summer.