Honored Contributor

Baby Wash As a Face Cleanser?

Does anyone do this?  Pros?  Cons?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Baby Wash As a Face Cleanser?

@JeanLouiseFinch  - I have used Baby Wash for my face, I had ran out of the Philosophy Purity Wipes, and read sometime ago that Victoria Beckam (Posh - Spice Girls) uses these for her face, to me it worked just a good.

Respected Contributor

I’m intrigued.
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Would this be your only product for cleansing your face?  Comparing a baby's face to my 62 year old face, I can't see it being an effective cleanser.  If you were having a skin issue it might be a good gentle cleanser.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Would this be your only product for cleansing your face?  Comparing a baby's face to my 62 year old face, I can't see it being an effective cleanser.  If you were having a skin issue it might be a good gentle cleanser.  

At night I'm using a cleansing oil or balm for my first cleanse, Vanicream for my second. Truth be told, I'm sure the Vanicream would be a fine AM cleanser.  I'm not in favor of a morning rinse alone. I think some kind of cleanser is necessary, but I also want to be kind to my skin.  Baby wash is about as basic and gentle as one can get. 

Respected Contributor

I use Dove soap in the shower in the morning. Someone will probably tell me how bad it is, but my grandmother used nothing but Ponds cold cream, Dove soap, and Oil of Olay and she had lovely skin. I’m sure she never touched sunscreen.
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch Each wash product has diferent ingredients from the next. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I do.  I originally read about it on this board and decided to give it a try.  For me it works as well as the Neutrogena facial cleanser that I was using. 

After a lifetime of very oily skin, my skin has finally become "normal" with age.  Probably because of that, I don't have wrinkles.  I have never been able to use anything very "creamy" or oily on my skin, just light moisturizer.  Otherwise my skin breaks out.  So baby wash works really well for me. 

Oh, and my rosecea is actually a bit better, I think.  I've used J&J, Walmart brand and right now it's a bottle of Baby Magic. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Baby wash is what I pack when traveling:  shampoo, face cleanser and body wash in one bottle.

Respected Contributor

i use Aveeno Baby cleanser and alternate w a cream cleanser.  J&J baby shampoo works too.