Honored Contributor

Re: Baby Wash As a Face Cleanser?

[ Edited ]

Most sunscreens can only be removed by an oil cleanser. Double cleanses at night are best to remove makeup,  SPF and the oil cleanser.

I was shocked to see that the baby shampoo and baby wash I had used on my GDs had sulfates. All brands are different, but I'd check ingredients before use.

BTW, I just rinse with warm water in the morning....no makeup to remove and any skincare from the night before should have been absorbed. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I just rinse with warm water in the morning

Me too Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 

Hey, your grandmother and I agree on one thing...no sunscreen Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

About a year, or so ago, J&J removed a good many ingredients from their Baby Shampoo.

I cleanse my eyes and face with it in the shower.  No problems.

Not affiliated with them in any way. The 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch   Sounds like you are using a of products your face.  Is that normal for trolls who gang up on people?  Hope you are happy with yourself.  I have lost all respect for you.

For telling the truth?  There was no ganging up on anyone except by you going after another member, in an attempt to discredit them, and it backfired in you,  Stop it, @Katcat1, you're embarrassing yourself even more by continuing this nonsense.  And please refrain from hijacking my thread. 

Respected Contributor

I don't use baby wash as a cleanser but I do use baby oil to take off makeup especially great for removing eye makeup.Been doing this for years cheap and effective.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm neither pro nor con. Just a little concerned that a baby wash may be too alkaline. Is anyone else thinking in this direction?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1   I don't see many products used by @JeanLouiseFinch  unless, for some reason, that post was removed. Why would you put her down?

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I use Dove soap in the shower in the morning. Someone will probably tell me how bad it is, but my grandmother used nothing but Ponds cold cream, Dove soap, and Oil of Olay and she had lovely skin. I’m sure she never touched sunscreen.

@RollTide2008   My grandmother used Ponds cold cream, too.  She had beautiful smooth skin. 

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1   I don't see many products used by @JeanLouiseFinch  unless, for some reason, that post was removed. Why would you put her down?

@Shanus  Read the "Keeps" thread in this forum.