Super Contributor

BUYER BEWARE - DO NOT ORDER FROM JULEP

I sent back an unopened package and they refuse to refund my money. 

Respected Contributor

Re: BUYER BEWARE - DO NOT ORDER FROM JULEP

[ Edited ]

Fight the charge with either your bank or credit card issuer. Provide proof of return. I suggest getting evidence in writing of their refusal even though they received the package.

Thanks for letting us know and I hope you get your money back soon.

Edited to correct: The Julep site ( I had initially checked Mint Julep) does issue refunds within 30 days once the return is received and inspected. File a complaint with BBB. If they are claiming the merchandise was used and that is incorrect, that will be harder to prove. I hope you refused delivery and it went back with the original tracking number. 

Best of luck. This is where having a credit card that offers protection comes in handy.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

Have a feeling there's more to this story.
Super Contributor

I'm sure there is more to the story when Julep was ordered to pay 3M in deceptive business practices too.  Huh

Frequent Contributor

Didiville-

I would like to hear more details, I am really interested because I have had several good transactions with Julep. This doesn't mean that your situation didn't happen but I'm still curious. How long ago did you ship the item back? Were you able to track it and confirm it arrived at Julep? Has it been 7-10 business days since its arrival? (remember that weekends and holidays don't count). Is your purchase a monthly Maven order or regular purchase from their site and not a Sweet Steal, Mystery Box, Secret Store item or GWP? Those are not returnable and it's very clearly stated when you order them.

I'm not trying to throw shade on you, Didiville, but I have seen too many postings on lots of different forums where people use the anonymity of the internet to rant and rave about poor service when their expectations are unreasonable or their complaints are unjustified.

So, as the Pink Ladies sang to Sandy in Grease...Tell me more! Tell me more! 

I'd like to know your whole story before I decide to keep doing business with Julep or quit them. Thanks in advance.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry to hear of your problems.  I have purchased several items from Julep and never had a problem.  Have always been pleased.  Even receive email discounts.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Didiville   Contact your charge account co. and explain the story.  They will issue you a credit and contact Julep directly.  Do you have proof of you return or their refusal?  

kindness is strength
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would also advise you to be cautious when you sign up as a Maven unless you want to be charged $60.00 for a renewal of boxes which you did  not authorize. When you call to complain after seeing the charge on your online statement (and being on hold for ages), they say they will refund you but cannot refund the box "currently in process" until it is returned unopened. The box of which you were never notified about via email or phone that was on the way. The first refund never happened until I threatened to dispute the charge a week after my call. Seems too scammy to me and I am done with them.

Honored Contributor

If you like their products order through an outisde party like QVC.  I do not like supporting companies that pull this stuff, so for now I'm sticking to the two lip balms I have.  I am allergic to their nail polish anyway, they were not the answer to my prayers with their oxygen line.

Honored Contributor

It would be nice to know the whole story.