Regular Contributor

BUXOM Show Some Skin Weightless foundation

Hi ladies. I got a sample of the BUXOM "weightless" foundation and I tried it today. YUCK!!!! It is HARDLY weightless!!! I could feel it on my skin and my face felt very tight. I will NOT EVER be using this in the future! The coverage wasn't that great either unless you applied more. My shade was "Dim The Light". I'm not saying Bare Minerlas "Serum" foundation will be like this, but I think it's probably safe to assume it will be in the same family. I couldn't wait to wash my face and in the garbage the rest of the sample went! YUCK!!!!{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Trusted Contributor

Re: BUXOM Show Some Skin Weightless foundation

The ingredient decks are very different.

BUXOM Ingredients:
-Octinoxate 7.4%: Sunscreen
- Titanium dioxide 6.1%: Sunscreen

Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Glycerin, Nylon-12, Propanediol, Cyclomethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Aluminum Distearate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Polysilicone-2, Vibrio Alginolyticus Ferment Filtrate, Algae Extract, Talc, Tocopherol, Sea Salt, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

BE BARESKIN Ingredients:
Titanium Dioxide 11%: Sunscreen

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Regular Contributor

I had a sample of the Buxom as well and I thought it was a light formula and I liked how it looked and felt on my skin, but there is not a good shade match for me.

Super Contributor

Lyn makes a good point -- look at the difference in those ingredient decks.

While I was reading your "it was hardly weightless" I was thinking "dimethicone". And look, it's the first ingredient. That much dimethicone to me feels like I've slathered on crisco or something. I wonder what made your skin feel tight, though.

It will really be interesting to try / read reviews about the serum foundation. Leslie B said you can NOT feel it. We'll see... :-)

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Lyn for posting the ingredients of each. It doesn't appear that the Buxom foundation is a replica of the new BE being released and at least, with your posting the ingredients, most will know now to wait and assess the BE serum foundation on it's own merits and ingredients.

I personally also really like that BE's is a physical sunscreen as I don't use chemical sunscreen anymore.

Thanks again~

I certainly can understand the OP thinking that the Buxom might be very similar to the upcoming release of BE's BareSkin so hopefully she might even feel relieved that BE's conceivably still may work for her since the Buxom did not.

Regular Contributor

When I wrote my review of the BUXOM liquid foundation, I stated that "I am not saying that Bare Minerlas "serum"foundation will be like this., but I think it's asfe to assume it will be in the same family." I found the BUXOM made my skin look shiny and greasy. I touched up several times with the Mineral Veil and by the time I got home, I had lines on my face that I never knew existed! Was NOT impressed with the coverage either. I felt like I had a mask on and I could NOT wait to wash my face. It felt greasy and gross. This junk is DEFINITELY not for me! I could feel it on my face ALL DAY! I surely didn't feel like nothing was on my face, like I am used to! @Lyn thank you for printing the ingredients and shoing the differences in the two. I noticed tonight that I am breaking out with a few blemishes. I know it was from the BUXOM! In the garbage it went!

Valued Contributor

Wow i cant wait to try the Bareskin foundation now.The ingredients look pretty clean ,not sure about Propylene Carbonate.I like that it has minimal ingredients and a physical sunscreen.It will be nice to have loose minerals and this to use..I will wait till Sephora gets it so i can match my color better.

Super Contributor

I tried the Buxom SSS Foundation, and it was okay, light coverage, but didn't really last all day. I prefered Original BE so I went back to that.

I don't think it would be like the BE Serum Foundation, Buxom may be made by BE, but it doesn't claim to have minerals or anything like BE does. The BE Serum Foundaion looks much more thin, and hopefully covers better (as they claim) but I don't know since I've never tried it!