Honored Contributor

Great idea @Shanus!  I do the same thing but didn’t think about cutting them into smaller squares.  I recently started using Costco brand & love them because they are so BIG for getting all my make-up off.  I’ll have to cut up a package just for brush wiping. What kind of container do you keep them in?  I assume they stay moist?  Please let us know.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Great idea @Shanus!  I do the same thing but didn’t think about cutting them into smaller squares.  I recently started using Costco brand & love them because they are so BIG for getting all my make-up off.  I’ll have to cut up a package just for brush wiping. What kind of container do you keep them in?  I assume they stay moist?  Please let us know.

@SurferWife   Glad you like the idea. I use a Rubbermaid type container...about 1 1/2” deep and 4” sq. so it fits in my makeup drawer. Any size plastic container w/ a tight fitting lid will work. ***If you think the wipes are beginning to dry out, add several drops of water to the top layer. It trickles through and dampens all the rest. 

Honored Contributor

If cotton balls or paper towels are not your thing, there are dry-disposable wipes sold in packages on amazon. They are about the size of a kleenex tissue but are more durable, like a regular wipe but dry instead of wet. I have cut these into smaller pieces, stacked them inside a Tupperware kind of airtight container and doused them with toners and exfoliants. I can do the same by adding micellar water to them for brush cleaning, too.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thanks! @Shanus  That's a great idea. Right now I'm using a bottle of micellar water to 'quick-clean' my brushes. Just put some on a paper towel and swipe. The micellar water I bought was something I don't like as a facial cleanser so I thought I'd use it up somewhere else.Woman Happy

Right there with you.  I use mine to remove eye makup now.

Respected Contributor

@lkat wrote:

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread in case anyone has found a good way to clean foundation brushes after each use Smiley Happy

I use this, I can not believe it works!  No water