Trusted Contributor

@Q4uwrote:

When we lived in San Diego, I nearly had my eyebrows done at a facility in Rancho Bernardo that had high accalades for their work, but they were expensive and I kept putting it off... and then we retired and here I am still eyebrow challenged!!  Woman Wink   

@Q4u

I made a mistake when I said that you go back in a yr. or 2, she actually said that you go back in 2 to 3 years.  She said that she's going to offer a introductory price of $300 but it will go to $400 or $450 after that.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

Very possible. Saw tattooing done on tv. A micro blade was used. It really produced excellent results, it looked

natural like hair. It was said to last 2 years.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BROWS HAVE TATOOS?

[ Edited ]

@Shanuswrote:

I’m noticing the models’ brows during the beauty shows. Not only are the brows very exaggerated, but no matter what line of makeup is shown, the brows still look the same.

Could the models have their brows tattooed? For them, it’d save a lot of time and for the makeup vendors, the brows would be uniformly “done”.

What do you think?

But usually when they do before and after photos for foundation in the after photos they also have eyeliner and mascara and lipstick and to me always fuller & perfectly shaped eyebrows as well so I suspect no they don't have them tatooed. But I do think perhaps the plus size model Maria with the coal black hair might have hers tatooed on with black ink to match her hair because they're really really not natural looking. But maybe when she has her hair dyed she has her eyebrows done as well and not tatooed after all. They don't do close-ups of her very often but when they do you can't help notice. If I could be guaranteed ahead of time that they'd look natural I'd not hesitate to have it done but it's taking too much of a chance with something that can't be undone if it doesn't turn out good.

Trusted Contributor

I had my eyebrows tatooed on about 10 years ago and you choose the shape and how dramatic you want them.  I remember the lady wanted to do mine more dramatic and I told her to tone it "down" so I would not look crazy.

They fade after a while and I have had to use eyebrow pencil for the last few years. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few years ago I tried a brow product that claimed to stay on for a week, even through washings. It's been marketed as a 'brow tattoo' gel. It was a goopy gel that you applied with a small paint brush and then left it on for about 20-30 minutes after which you peeled off leaving behind tinted skin. It did last for a few days and looked pretty good, however, I found it a little difficult to apply. The gel is very goopy and stringy. It's very messy but with a little practice I got it to apply without too much trouble. I just wished the finished results lasted more than a few days. It wasn't worth the time it took to apply plus the wait time it took to set. I suppose it would be a good option for a vacay or swimming in the water...it does stay on in the shower. Woman Happy

This is the one I tried in the grey-brown (taupe) color:

image.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cancun08wrote:

@Q4uwrote:

When we lived in San Diego, I nearly had my eyebrows done at a facility in Rancho Bernardo that had high accalades for their work, but they were expensive and I kept putting it off... and then we retired and here I am still eyebrow challenged!!  Woman Wink   

@Q4u

I made a mistake when I said that you go back in a yr. or 2, she actually said that you go back in 2 to 3 years.  She said that she's going to offer a introductory price of $300 but it will go to $400 or $450 after that.

Yes, it's really expensive but there are two kinds out there, one that is like a regular tattoo but a licensed cosmo does the work.  It's usually too dark to begin with but "fades" to the right color and lasts for a few years before you need another application.

The second one is microblading and the results are immediate and gorgeous, but lasts about a year and then needs to be redone.

Anyway, even ten years ago when I was considering it (before microblading) it was about $380!  If you're considering it, her special price is excellent!

I went out earlier today and purchased the Anastasia Brow in taupe!  Will try it tomorrow.... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

A few years ago I tried a brow product that claimed to stay on for a week, even through washings. It's been marketed as a 'brow tattoo' gel. It was a goopy gel that you applied with a small paint brush and then left it on for about 20-30 minutes after which you peeled off leaving behind tinted skin. It did last for a few days and looked pretty good, however, I found it a little difficult to apply. The gel is very goopy and stringy. It's very messy but with a little practice I got it to apply without too much trouble. I just wished the finished results lasted more than a few days. It wasn't worth the time it took to apply plus the wait time it took to set. I suppose it would be a good option for a vacay or swimming in the water...it does stay on in the shower. Woman Happy

image.jpg

@SilleeMee

I imagine it would help if you used a stencil with this product. I would think some people might turn out looking like Groucho Marx if they weren't careful. 😄

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus

I saw a woman maybe 38 or so on the beach and we were talking last summer and her brows looked perfect..kind of thin but perfect shape. I knew something was used/or done.

I asked her how did you get such nice brows? She said she was an Esthetician and had microblading done and said she does it as well herself...it sounded great to me but scary...as in the person messing it up!

I would get that done for a few hairs I think but only a few like the tail part..and my one brow that is lower arch then the other.

Maybe the models had this done? as it looks quite natural with some models not like tats.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

I think a few of the hosts have eye brows that are too overwhelming and too dark.  They are so prominent that It is distracting.  I have always associated heavy brows with masculinity.

My own brows are heavy and I have to touch up tweeze every day to keep them neat and tidy.  I also trim them for a more feminine look.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

image.jpg

@SilleeMeesaw this or another brand of the same product on HSN

2 weeks ago or so. Think it was on a Korean Beauty show they had. I did not like the fake dark look it lent to the models --in fact one looked freaky! You've got guts lol. Surprised to hear a positive on this. Kinda neat idea though... it seems very time consuming. I find a grey-taupe is the best..so much more natural for most people. Why they put reddish tones in brow products is odd.

I'd get that microblading (very little bit) if that is possible to some areas and still use brow products.

still have so many brow products and love the ones they disconinue.

Kristpher Buckle's is nice, I use it in blonde as it runs super dark...no red but ash Smiley Happy

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky