Respected Contributor

Re: BRIDE'S SELF TAN GOES AWRY!!!

I'm a strange bird and never saw myself having some big to-do wedding. And then when my mother died when I was 24 I knew I would be keeping it all simple and to my taste. A year and a half after her passing hubby and I eloped and got married in New Orleans. That was 41 years ago and I have never, ever missed having a formal wedding. 

But that's just weird me. Ha!

Honored Contributor

Wow Smiley Surprised  What on earth was she thinking to use a self tanner right before her wedding?  Was this the first time she used it?  Good you were there to make things work out on multiple levels.

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I'm a strange bird and never saw myself having some big to-do wedding. And then when my mother died when I was 24 I knew I would be keeping it all simple and to my taste. A year and a half after her passing hubby and I eloped and got married in New Orleans. That was 41 years ago and I have never, ever missed having a formal wedding. 

But that's just weird me. Ha!

@pupwhipped 

I was the same way ... I did NOT want a big wedding. And since I would have been the one to pay for it (my parents wouldn't/couldn't pay) I preferred keeping the money in savings to use for other purposes. I've never regretted going small. Now my in-laws were not happy we didn't do the BIG white wedding thing and my husband comes from a very large, very close family. We did throw a big reception/party to celebrate, but that did not appease the in-laws. 

As for trying anything new w/ hair/skin/makeup before a big event, I learned the hard way myself to never, ever, ever try something new close to a big thing where what I looked like was important to me. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus Holy cow Shanus I never realized all you do.  You truly have your hands full since there is very little more emotionally charged than a bride before her big day.  Kudos for saving the day.  Blessings that it all goes off well and you can take a deep breath before the next one!!  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a foolish thing to do.

I mean, a white dress, with that fake tan cream

Was she not afraid of it smudging on the dress if she had any sweat..

Not very bright, I'd say....

Good thing she had you

The wedding pictures should be a hoot!

Honored Contributor

MY WORD!!!!  You killed it!

Thank goodness she had you on her team!!!

The bride should have been at her rehearsal dinner, then exhausted; not doing damage.

(The bride should have had a little common sense, come on).

Respected Contributor

I have never understood why people put themselves and others through all that.  Go to the courthouse or wherever and save the money.   A lady I worked with once told me I would understand when my daughter wanted to get married.  No I still did not understand.  If she had said she was eloping to Las Vegas I would have been thrilled.  I think it would be nice to have the family or friends plan a party for them when they get back but that is it.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

MY WORD!!!!  You killed it!

Thank goodness she had you on her team!!!

The bride should have been at her rehearsal dinner, then exhausted; not doing damage.

(The bride should have had a little common sense, come on).

@ECBG   For sure!! There was a rehearsal  luncheon instead of a dinner. Flights have been delayed and some guests and a few in the wedding party had not arrived as of last night. 😒 Of course, this is stressing her out more.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I have never understood why people put themselves and others through all that.  Go to the courthouse or wherever and save the money.   A lady I worked with once told me I would understand when my daughter wanted to get married.  No I still did not understand.  If she had said she was eloping to Las Vegas I would have been thrilled.  I think it would be nice to have the family or friends plan a party for them when they get back but that is it.  

@chiclet   I understand your thinking, but many parents dream of giving their daughter a wedding of her dreams. 

Of course, the pandemic threw a wrench in many plans. Some brides I worked with did elope when they got fed up waiting for a place/time to get married in a tradtional wedding.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

@chiclet 

It's important in some families to have a big wedding.   Or .. If the bride and groom are both successful professionals, the money consideration just isn't the same as it would be for other couples just starting out.  

Not for me, but I know a gal who had a very large family ... and a very large wedding.   She felt that she wanted to have one big party in her life, and invite ALL the relatives .... and when better than for a happy occasion like a wedding?