Honored Contributor

Re: BOTCHED makeup line on Evine Live

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ElvisShops wrote:

I wonder how the Dubrow's new Co Q10 supplements compare to those of Andrew Lessman?

@ElvisShops  CoQ10 is CoQ10 (Ubiquinone).  However, CoQH (Ubinquinol) is absorbed better, especially if you're over 40.  Kaneka Ubiquinol is the best.

Dubrow is touting with his addition of the Bioprene Q10 is absorbed much better than Ubiquinol.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ElvisShops wrote:

I wonder how the Dubrow's new Co Q10 supplements compare to those of Andrew Lessman?

@ElvisShops  CoQ10 is CoQ10 (Ubiquinone).  However, CoQH (Ubinquinol) is absorbed better, especially if you're over 40.  Kaneka Ubiquinol is the best.

Dubrow is touting with his addition of the Bioprene Q10 is absorbed much better than Ubiquinol.

That's debatable.  Bioperine (black pepper) does help in absorption, it's in my Turmeric supplement.  That said, 90% of the CoQ10 in the body is in the reduced, more efficient form called Ubiquinol.  That's what we need to energize cells and aid in the function of our major organs.  When someone takes Ubiquinone (CoQ10) it has to be converted to Ubiquinol (CoQH) so why not just take the Ubiquinol to begin with since it doesn't need any help to absorb and ready to use, so to speak?

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ElvisShops wrote:

That's debatable.  Bioperine (black pepper) does help in absorption, it's in my Turmeric supplement.  That said, 90% of the CoQ10 in the body is in the reduced, more efficient form called Ubiquinol.  That's what we need to energize cells and aid in the function of our major organs.  When someone takes Ubiquinone (CoQ10) it has to be converted to Ubiquinol (CoQH) so why not just take the Ubiquinol to begin with since it doesn't need any help to absorb and ready to use, so to speak?

So, there isn't anything really special about this product?  Would Andrew's

Ubiquinol be a better choice?

Honored Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ElvisShops wrote:

@isaboo - If it's Kaneka Ubiquinol, I'd say yes.  I first learned about Kaneka Ubiquinol from Lessman awhile back.  However, you can get Kaneka Ubiquinol from other sources at a better price.  It's a little head scratching, seeing that he has a CoQ10/Ubiquinone product on HSN now.  I mean, why?  It seems kind of contrary to what he said before about the Kaneka Ubiquinol.  Check Vitacost (look up both ways - CoQH and Ubiquinol) and compare to Lessman's (make sure it's Kaneka Ubiquinol and make sure the serving amount is the same 200 mg.). I think you'll be surprised.  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@isaboo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ElvisShops wrote:

@isaboo - If it's Kaneka Ubiquinol, I'd say yes.  I first learned about Kaneka Ubiquinol from Lessman awhile back.  However, you can get Kaneka Ubiquinol from other sources at a better price.  It's a little head scratching, seeing that he has a CoQ10/Ubiquinone product on HSN now.  I mean, why?  It seems kind of contrary to what he said before about the Kaneka Ubiquinol.  Check Vitacost (look up both ways - CoQH and Ubiquinol) and compare to Lessman's (make sure it's Kaneka Ubiquinol and make sure the serving amount is the same 200 mg.). I think you'll be surprised.  

Thank you. I will check it out.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ElvisShops wrote:

Which one offers which? 

ETA:  Now that I have read the rest of the thread, the question is answered. Smiley Happy  Thanks, JLF. 

Honored Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ElvisShops wrote:

Which one offers which? 

ETA:  Now that I have read the rest of the thread, the question is answered. Smiley Happy  Thanks, JLF. 

@ElvisShops - Just now I happened to click into this thread and noticed you had posted a question that I assume may have been for me.  I'm sorry I didn't see it, but had no way of knowing it was even there.  As a heads up, if you want to direct a question to someone in the future I would recommend that you use the forum feature that will get them notified.  If you don't know how to do that, simply type the "@" symbol and a list of posters involved in the conversation will pop up.  Select the name/ID of whom you want to address and make sure it's right beside that "@" symbol without any space in between.  The individual will receive a notification and will be able to respond to you rather than your question going unanswered or you thinking you are being ignored.