Respected Contributor

Re: BOTCHED makeup line on Evine Live

@SahmIam wrote:

@maestra Thank you so much for this info. I'll look into these. In your opinion, is it worth taking them while doing chemo or while having multiple surgeries? Or would it be better to wait until things are calmer in ones life? 

@ wait. Chemo often doesnt permit vitamin or health supplements, at least mine didnt, but check w/your oncologist or hemotologist. Same w/surgeon, might impact healing. If it's ok then see if this could help, but follow physician directives.

I began this when I rec'd the ok from doctor to take biotin,which he suggested, so I didnt jump in right away.

Trusted Contributor

He's a plastic surgeon....never could understand why people buy into a "skincare" line when it was created by plastic surgeons or people who have had plastic surgery....they got their youthful looks by plastic surgery not by the lotions and potions they are sellingSmiley Embarassed

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

He's a plastic surgeon....never could understand why people buy into a "skincare" line when it was created by plastic surgeons or people who have had plastic surgery....they got their youthful looks by plastic surgery not by the lotions and potions they are sellingSmiley Embarassed

Cosmetic/plastic surgery has to do with the POSITION (or repositioning) of the skin (and maybe some muscle correction underneath, IDK).  Skincare has to do with the CONDITION of the skin - two different things entirely.  

Honored Contributor

Re: BOTCHED makeup line on Evine Live,

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@theBabe wrote:

So what if they have a huge house?  What kind of home does Dimitri from Skinn live in?  What about Mally? What about Jamie from IT Cosmetics?  I'm sure none of those people live in dumps.

I guess I  just find it vulgar....the excess. 

Vulgar, really?

Isn't that the American way??

Anyway, they would never get a permit around here to build that big a house on that lot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Karie2022 wrote:

@Karie2022

???     Even if a person has some plastic surgery, that doesn't mean they wouldn't need skincare products or makeup.  Skin still needs to be cleansed, moisturized and treated, depending on the skin type ... dry, oily, etc.   One really has nothing to do with the other!

Honored Contributor

Re: BOTCHED makeup line on Evine Live,

Vulgar, really?

Isn't that the American way??

Anyway, they would never get a permit around here to build that big a house on that lot.

@software  Actually, it's THE way of many with lots of money all over the world. Go the UK and see what's being built there. Go to Germany, Canada and Australia...Americans have nothing on some of the homes built there, lol.

Being vulgar isn't something you can only pin on Americans, sorry.

As for the permit; that's appears to be the norm now. Buyers don't want yards to take care of. In Northern VA, one of the most popular communites built by Pulte was that of huge houses with no yards except a concreate back slab with raised beds holding low maintence plants. The design and sales were so great that it's been copied by many others all over the state and country. I don't care for it but it's what people seem to want.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@theBabe wrote:

So what if they have a huge house?  What kind of home does Dimitri from Skinn live in?  What about Mally? What about Jamie from IT Cosmetics?  I'm sure none of those people live in dumps.

@theBabe    @SeaMaiden

Not only that, but can you imagine what they pay in property taxes?  That money helps the community.  The more big homes, the better!   I don't know why that upsets people so much.  

@Tinkrbl44, well, yes, but in California, we are still under Prop 13, which keeps taxes on homes and commercial buildings down.

As for the idea that the bigger the home, the better, I disagree. Huge monster houses are a blight and and are not at all environmentally or socially appropriate in areas where there is such dense population.

It's a constant battle between those who want to build these mega mansions and the cities and counties that want some reasonable restrictions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

Heather on air right now and she is so rude. The hostess just ask if they should take a call or go to the doctor and she said no  go to the doctor. So rude. They never took the call. I guess the persom hung up. 

She just wants to make a buck. Doesn't care who her customer is. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I personally just do not care for this Terry Dubrow and his overly filled, botoxed  "housewife."  I find them phony and very pushy.  

The before and after photos are a joke. The afters look the same and the two keep exclaiming how much better it looks.

They need to pay for the monstrosity of a house his wife wanted to build.... thus selling the same ol thing everyone else is selling....skin care.  Even Dubrow's partner on the Botched show has a line.....just milking it.....  

Here is the house... 20,000 Square Foot, 14-Bathroom Mansion

IMG_0206.JPG

ITA

I would never want a house that size even if I could afford it.  They are so pretentious.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@theBabe wrote:

@theBabe    @SeaMaiden

Not only that, but can you imagine what they pay in property taxes?  That money helps the community.  The more big homes, the better!   I don't know why that upsets people so much.  

@Tinkrbl44, well, yes, but in California, we are still under Prop 13, which keeps taxes on homes and commercial buildings down.

As for the idea that the bigger the home, the better, I disagree. Huge monster houses are a blight and and are not at all environmentally or socially appropriate in areas where there is such dense population.

@suzyQ3

I guess I'm pretty accustomed to large homes and mansions in the Beverly Hills, Bel Air, and several other areas that were developed many years ago.  These areas are very well maintained.   (I can't speak to the issue of brand new homes built using practically every inch of the lot.) You can't get much denser than the Greater Los Angeles area, but "socially inappropriate" may be in the eye of the beholder ....  or just not what I'm referring to.