Contributor

Re: BOTCHED makeup line on Evine Live

So what if they have a huge house?  What kind of home does Dimitri from Skinn live in?  What about Mally? What about Jamie from IT Cosmetics?  I'm sure none of those people live in dumps.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden

It seems as if you are more put out by the size of their home than anything else.

Personally, I like Terry Dubrow; Heather is who she is. Their products , Beaute Caps, are actually pretty good. I have the hair (thick and to the middle of my back) to show for it, even w/40 radiation treatments.

Honored Contributor

Apropos of nothing, there was a write-up in the Los Angeles Times in their weekly Hot Property section that featured Heather Dubrow in her master closet. It's 400 square feet in their 22,000-square foot Newport Coast (might explain the smaller lot) home. 

Here is a photo and then a link to the article:

The actress and reality star says her multipurpose closet has become a gathering spot for her guests

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hp-my-favorite-room-heather-dubrow-201...

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I think most of the shopping network hosts also have beautiful homes.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle, that's possible. But as well as the hosts are compensated, I doubt that it even approaches what this couple brings home.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

i would imagine Andrew Lessman has a beautiful home too.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle, that's possible. But as well as the hosts are compensated, I doubt that it even approaches what this couple brings home.

True, but we have had privvy to see some of the hosts homes, and they are beautiful. Bobbi Ray Carter did a remote from hers, gorgeous and huge!! I do think her hubby is a contractor. Remember the photos of Lisa Robertson's home at Xmas, not too shabby.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

I often wonder....why do 2 people need such a huge house? 14 bathrooms? Just...why?

On the other hand, if he lived in a 3 bedroom townhouse in middle class USA, we would all wonder about just how great a doctor he must be.

All part of the illusion/expectations of society.

@SahmIam  Not that it makes a whole lot of difference, but The Dubrows do have 4 young children.

Oh now it makes sense why the 14 bathrooms...6 people do need 14 bathrooms.  How do we  the public survive without 14 bathrooms?

Honored Contributor

Re: BOTCHED makeup line on Evine Live,

@theBabe wrote:

So what if they have a huge house?  What kind of home does Dimitri from Skinn live in?  What about Mally? What about Jamie from IT Cosmetics?  I'm sure none of those people live in dumps.

I guess I  just find it vulgar....the excess. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

I often wonder....why do 2 people need such a huge house? 14 bathrooms? Just...why?

On the other hand, if he lived in a 3 bedroom townhouse in middle class USA, we would all wonder about just how great a doctor he must be.

All part of the illusion/expectations of society.

@SahmIam  Not that it makes a whole lot of difference, but The Dubrows do have 4 young children.

Ok, that kinda makes more sense. I could see each child with a room and bathroom, nannies, grandparents...