Honored Contributor

Re: BORED? WANT TO ASK MAKEUP QUESTIONS?

@Shanus I don't know if you can even help me.  I may have to go to the derm.  Something tells me this is going to need a needle filled with hydrocortisone or what ever.

I have a few flat clogged pores for lack of a better description.  I took naps after getting home from school after losing our son in an accident.  Before that I spent about 10 years suffering from another upseting issue.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus I don't know if you can even help me.  I may have to go to the derm.  Something tells me this is going to need a needle filled with hydrocortisone or what ever.

I have a few flat clogged pores for lack of a better description.  I took naps after getting home from school after losing our son in an accident.  Before that I spent about 10 years suffering from another upseting issue.

@ECBG   I never knew you lost a son. I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a child is devasting. I remember watching my parents trying to go through it when my brother passed away. It's not the "order" of things. Clogged pores? If they've been there for more than 6 months, most likely really packed in and hardened, if that's what they are. When this madness is over, definitely let a derm have a look see....unless you want to fly to LA and see DR. PIMPLE POPPER. 🤭

Occasional Contributor

Hi Shanus.  Thank you for starting this.  What is the best way to apply concealer to minimize under eye puffiness?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Sweetie, life was never promised to be easy.  What HE said was "I will be there when you need me.", not "I will never give you what you can't handle.".  Many people have passed that down, not realizing it was a missed quote.  I asked my minister about that one.  

I sat on the deck in January of all seasons, a month after Christmas and felt arms around me.  He was as intuitive as I am.  He didn't have my experiences, but I have met several ghosts.

At the same time, a hawk started staying with me.  I had him about 10 years.  He used our driveway as his landing strip.  I called him "Hawkley".  He passed, and we have his off spring now.

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus  I just want to thank you for starting this thread and sharing your expertise with us. Since we are all going through trying times right now, a happy diversion is just what the Dr ordered. You are very sweet. Stay well. 

Honored Contributor

@Heidismom wrote:

Hi Shanus.  Thank you for starting this.  What is the best way to apply concealer to minimize under eye puffiness?

Hi @Heidismom   Usually we use a light shade of concealer ...lighter colors brighten the area bringing it forward. In the case of puffiness, you want that area to recede and apply not too light a shade. Use a concealer that's not too light and place it mostly below, not on, the puffiness. When the undereye is puffy, there's usually a darker shadow or dark  line under that area. That's what you want to cover. Usually mixing your foundation w/ a concealer a shade lighter will be the right color to cover any darkness under the eye and also not draw attention to the puffy areas. Hope that helps.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus
My beauty question for you, my dear, is how can I become the kind, beautiful soul who would think to start a thread like this.
Thank you for all you do. You are irreplaceable. đź’ś
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3   Thank you so much. At times like these, we do what we can to help. I love makeup and it's lighthearted and fun for most women. So, why not take a deep breath and get our minds off the news and on to ourselves? 

I do volunteer work helping cancer patients do makeup. It's so fulfilling to see the smiles emerge as they see themselves without pale skin, no brows, lashes, etc. They feel like a woman again...pretty. When the scarf comes off and they put on their wig or one that's been donated, we both share a good cry...a happy moment. 

If I can bring a happy moment to my friends here and allow them to forget the temporary reality we face now, I'm more than grateful to use my knowledge for a good cause. 

If we could use FACETIME, I could teach Jewelry 101 tomorrow. Lol 

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Shanus
My beauty question for you, my dear, is how can I become the kind, beautiful soul who would think to start a thread like this.
Thank you for all you do. You are irreplaceable. đź’ś

@Shanus  - I agree with @MarnieRez3 .  I'm enjoying reading this thread.  Great idea!  Hoping more posters chime in with questions.  Thanks for starting it.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Shanus!  I will give this a try.