Honored Contributor

Re: BOBBI BROWN RETURNS TONITE

@TY wrote:

Bobbi Brown was basically pushed out of her own namesake company by Estee Lauder's brass. Her namesake line no longer represents her vision, it's full of shimmer and way too many products. If you look at her latest book she doesn't even look like she's using photos of any Bobbi Brown products in her book.

@TY ....and her models are younger.

Honored Contributor

https://youtu.be/Zzae7ohoZc8          New and very interesting video with Bobbi relaying why she has moved on and future plans.  Very very interesting.  The title of the video on youtube is In The Bathroom With Bobbi Brown 2018   Part One.  Looks like she will be going "organic".

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Hi @Shanus. A number of the products being sold here at the Q have been discontinued in brick and mortar stores...also on the BB website. Her foundation in the compact was my holy grail and the price here is not discounted like it has been in Macys, Lord and Taylor and Nordstrom. It seems a lot of my favorites will soon be gone.

@Trinity11, if QVC is selling stuff that has been discontinued out in B&M stores, it makes me wonder how old the stock is? 

@Lipstickdiva, I wondered that too but then again Perricone sells a cream that is exclusive to QVC that is no longer available in retail. It may be exclusive to QVC or at least I hope so.

The rep in Lord & Taylor told me that they are re-formulating a lot of their products and the foundations will come back slightly less expensive to appeal to a younger audience. (Quote)

@Trinity11  Your L&T rep was misinformed. Most lipsticks  were discontinued and are not coming back. The so called new packaging is in white compacts instead of the trademark black which makes it looks cheap although the prices keep increasing. Perhaps when Lauder took over, they figured BB’s line was competing w/ Estée Lauder which, no matter what they have tried, still reminds us of makeup from 50 yrs. ago. 

At least so far, they have not changed Clinique too much. That line continues to be their “cash cow”.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Hi @Shanus. A number of the products being sold here at the Q have been discontinued in brick and mortar stores...also on the BB website. Her foundation in the compact was my holy grail and the price here is not discounted like it has been in Macys, Lord and Taylor and Nordstrom. It seems a lot of my favorites will soon be gone.

@Trinity11, if QVC is selling stuff that has been discontinued out in B&M stores, it makes me wonder how old the stock is? 

@Lipstickdiva, I wondered that too but then again Perricone sells a cream that is exclusive to QVC that is no longer available in retail. It may be exclusive to QVC or at least I hope so.

The rep in Lord & Taylor told me that they are re-formulating a lot of their products and the foundations will come back slightly less expensive to appeal to a younger audience. (Quote)

@Trinity11  Your L&T rep was misinformed. Most lipsticks  were discontinued and are not coming back. The so called new packaging is in white compacts instead of the trademark black which makes it looks cheap although the prices keep increasing. Perhaps when Lauder took over, they figured BB’s line was competing w/ Estée Lauder which, no matter what they have tried, still reminds us of makeup from 50 yrs. ago. 

At least so far, they have not changed Clinique too much. That line continues to be their “cash cow”.

No surprise @Shanus. I have noticed a turnover of employees lately at the counter.

I met Estée Lauder in my youth. I have a fondness for their makeup, probably some nostalgia plays a part in that, though. My favorite lipstick is Pure Color Envy in Rebellious Rose. Since I changed my haircolor to light brunette from blonde, I need more intense lipsticks and nudes look pretty bad on me. I have been enjoying replacing a lot of my makeup.

Clinique has some pretty color choices. I wear their eye shadows and blush. None of their foundations are light enough for me.. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

No surprise @Shanus. I have noticed a turnover of employees lately at the counter.

I met Estée Lauder in my youth. I have a fondness for their makeup, probably some nostalgia plays a part in that, though. My favorite lipstick is Pure Color Envy in Rebellious Rose. Since I changed my haircolor to light brunette from blonde, I need more intense lipsticks and nudes look pretty bad on me. I have been enjoying replacing a lot of my makeup.

Clinique has some pretty color choices. I wear their eye shadows and blush. None of their foundations are light enough for me.. 

@Trinity11  Porcelain foundation first led me to B.B. The Bobbi counter at Nordstrom is now only 1/3 the length of space. Le Mer took over the extent of counter space. Quite telling.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11  Porcelain foundation first led me to B.B. The Bobbi counter at Nordstrom is now only 1/3 the length of space. Le Mer took over the extent of counter space. Quite telling.

Yes @Shanus...I also wore Porcelain. I agree about the counter space.