Super Contributor

Is there a blow dryer that is better for short, fine, thin hair?  I'm looking to buy a new one.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

@shiningstar  I don't know of a dryer that's specified for actual hair type.  I use a Martino Cartier that I like very much.  You might find that a hot air brush suits you better, but you likely will need to use some kind of styling product too like a mousse or styling spray.  I found a hot air brush on Amazon that's pretty good.  I think it might be a John Frieda.  

Regular Contributor

I agree that I have never seen a blow dryer specifically designated "for short, fine hair." 

However.... I have fine chin-length hair and if I'm not reading something into your question that you didn't intend...... then I would  suggest you look for a dryer with a lower wattage (around 1000) and a "cool shot" button.  Fine hair drys faster, and gets damaged faster, so you need to be careful with how long the strands are subjected to the heat of a styling tool.  By going with a lower wattage you can "work" the curling brush more and obtain the style you're looking for without blasting the strands with all that heat. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have shorter, fine hair and love my T3 blow dryer. It's fast and seems to be easier on the hair. I have very few tangles when I'm done.  I don't know of a blow dryer that is made for specific hair type but this one works for me.    

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@shiningstar  I don't know of a dryer that's specified for actual hair type.  I use a Martino Cartier that I like very much.  You might find that a hot air brush suits you better, but you likely will need to use some kind of styling product too like a mousse or styling spray.  I found a hot air brush on Amazon that's pretty good.  I think it might be a John Frieda.  

@JeanLouiseFrench  I use this John Frieda brush.  Love it  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a Babyliss Nano "Bambino". After my hands became useless from arthritis it's the only one light and small enough for me to use. They are sold everywhere online. I think I got mine from amaz for around 60.