Valued Contributor

BIG RAVE FOR DIOR ADDICT LIPSTICK in CITY LIGHTS !!!!!!!!!

I read about this online where they interviewed various make up artists and one said this shade works for absolutely everyone and he is never without it in his bag.   So glad I ordered it (from Nordie's) !   It's not a shade I would automatically choose but wow does it look great.  It's a bit sheer, very mositurising, more like a lipstick and not sticky gloss combined.  In the tube it looks like a deep raspberry but when you put it on it just looks like your own lip color but deeper and with a shine.  Your lips look juicy but not overdone ! I wear it all the time now and would definitely get more.   Pricey but it looks and feels so good it's worth it.  I am fair and it works for me but I believe it would look good on any complexion!

Honored Contributor

Re: BIG RAVE FOR DIOR ADDICT LIPSTICK in CITY LIGHTS !!!!!!!!!

This looks very pretty.  It's so hard to tell on a computer monitor.  On my monitor it looks like it has gold in it as well.  It almost looks like Mac O but the way you describe it is nothing like Mac O.  LOL

I'll have to check it out.  Another good one that is sheer and moisturizing is Nars Dolce Vita.  That one is more in the nude family but does have color.  Apparently, it has quite the cult following and is very popular.  I had no idea and on a whim tried it at Sephora and fell in love.     

Honored Contributor

I will have to check this one out being the lipstick fanatic that I am!

Contributor

I have it and it's my absolute fave! I also like Bar, which is just a beigy nude version of the same. You seriously cannot go wrong with Dior for lips, no one does it better.

Respected Contributor

Dior makeup is so nice anyway. If I were still working that's what I would buy. I'm not out and about everyday so I guess IT and Eva Pearl will have to do lol. 

Honored Contributor

How's the staying power? And does it dry out your lips at all? Oh, and any strong scent?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

It looks like Clinique Black Honey to me.

Valued Contributor

It's not one of the long lasting brands so I reapply it sometimes.  Not drying at all.   No scent that I notice.  In the Black Honey shade family but a much better quality, not a sheer, and has more of a dark berry tone that still looks natural on your lips.

Respected Contributor

I just looked at the swatches online. It looks beautiful! Enjoy your new purchase!