Honored Contributor

Re: BIG MAKEUP CHANGES FOR ME

@suzyQ3 wrote:

"Hypoallergenic" in the world of cosmetics and skincare means about as much as "natural."

@suzyQ3   ......or “organic”.

Respected Contributor

I recently tried: A296966 Doll 10 HydraLux Smoothing Foundation w/ Brush I am really liking it on my 68 yr old skin. I put one pump on the back of my hand, then dab a little all around my face. I blend it with my Artis #7 make up brush. It's a nice foundation. It does exactly what it says in the description. It wears nicely thru out the day. Before using Doll 10 Hydralux Foundation, I was using powder foundation by iT and Laura Geller. (I love both of them) I got my Artis #7 make up brush from HSN with a 20% off coupon. It was worth every $$. Such a nice brush and my make up looks amazing.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

"Hypoallergenic" in the world of cosmetics and skincare means about as much as "natural."

......or 'natural'.

ETA - uh, guess I just echoed what was already said. lol

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
I recently tried: A296966 Doll 10 HydraLux Smoothing Foundation w/ Brush I am really liking it on my 68 yr old skin. I put one pump on the back of my hand, then dab a little all around my face. I blend it with my Artis #7 make up brush. It's a nice foundation. It does exactly what it says in the description. It wears nicely thru out the day. Before using Doll 10 Hydralux Foundation, I was using powder foundation by iT and Laura Geller. (I love both of them) I got my Artis #7 make up brush from HSN with a 20% off coupon. It was worth every $$. Such a nice brush and my make up looks amazing.

@Naturesbeauty  I have not been successful finding a good foundation match for me unless I could try it out. I’m glad you’re pleased w/ yours. Always satisfying when something new works well.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Laura Mercier has some really nice products.  I love her oil-free tinted moisturizer even though I don't need oil free.  Her powders are excellent, and her cream blush is wonderful.  Have you ever tried Acure Organics' products?  I am currently using the Citrus Argan Oil which is so refreshing on the facial skin and also have their Marula oil.  I have some hair products too.  It is a family owned business and the new containers for oils give just the right amount of oil with one press.  Check it out.  I gave up on Trish when she started raising her prices sky high.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

@Shanus  JM mascara = Josie Maran?  

Foundation:  I'm now 69 yrs old and due to continuing changes in my skin, I have dropped a ton of cash on foundations, high-end, drug store and everything in between. Liquids have always worked best on my dry complexion except for a very brief period of time when I used Bare Minerals, which I eventually gave up because of the overdone "glow".  I am currently happy with The Ordinary Colours High Coverage foundation in 2.0 N.  I like the low cost, color match and the overall results.  It's not all that high coverage, IMO.  I have to dab on a bit more to hide some redness on my cheeks.  

Mascara:  I love Laura Geller Stylelash mascara over her Fortifying Lashes primer but she doesn't offer anything but black, which is harsh on me for daytime wear.  Pretty happy with L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes #655 Black-Brown for daytime.

Brows: I dye my eyebrows every 3-4 weeks w/Just For Men Mustache & Beard brush-in color gel in Blond then add Benefit Gimme Brow volumizing fiber gel in #1.  Love that tiny brush!

Eyeshadow:  I only use 2 basic colors, lighter on movable lid and darker in the crease.  Have been using Sonia Kashuk neutral matte for quite a while, but dealing with fallout.  I always add a touch of Stila "kitten"  for pop in the center of movable lid.

Concealer:  Haven't found anything better than Maybelline Age Rewind at any price.

Blush:  Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso is pretty with any lip color and easy to sweep on.  Also liking Becca Beach Tint cream in Guava more and more as I experiment with tapping/sponging application. 

Lip color:  I have dry lips with wrinkles above my top lip.  Cover Girl oh sugar! Vitamin Infused Balm in 5 Spice and 6 Punch (use each alone or mix them together) look really good for casual wear with no lipliner, but I do have to reapply often. Wish there were more color options.

Honored Contributor

I try everything from Chanel to Rimmel

not wedded to any brand

never found any brand of skincare that does much 

whether or not it has parabens or none, organic or not is not a sales thing that makes much difference to me in performance or purchase decision 

makeup should be fun 

Honored Contributor

The first makeup I ever used was from Avon, via my aunt.  That was probably 60 years ago. 

I don't have any skin issues (other than having very fair skin) and have used Cover Girl, Physicians Formula, Almay.  I only switched from one to another as products were discontinued.  

A few years ago, I went back to Avon ... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Qvc offers popular cosmetic brand, used to be my HG for several products. Changed not sure why? Either way suffered horrid reaction. Eyes omg! Thankfully healed in few weeks. By the way happened more than one occasion. Grateful IT cosmetics sold here. Value significant. Do I buy or use every single item from IT? Of course not. Thus far my sensitive skin happy. Plan to continue staying with what works. The question- IT cosmetics hypoallergenic? Not able to answer. Why not visit website. What matters is choices. Drugstore/Prestige. It's all good.⚘ 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Shanus, yes, but at least there is such a thing as "certified" organic. If you see that label, you hopefully can trust that it truly is organic.

But the question would be, so what? Does it really make that much of a difference when it comes to skincare and cosmetics? That's a matter of choice; I personally don't purposely seek out organic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland