Honored Contributor

Hi ladies - today was a BIG day and I want to share it with you so I'm trying to figure out how to make this about beauty so it doesn't get poof*d.

So, after 35 years, 3 months, and a few weeks, I am now officially retired.  

Thought it might be kind of fun to talk about what beauty pampering we all do.  Doesn't matter the reason, just what do you like to do for yourself, that you don't normally do on a day-to-day basis, when you want to feel pampered.  These past few months have been stressful and very tiring so some pampering is in order.

Think I will take a hot shower - I prefer showers to baths - use some of my KORRES bath gel and afterwards some body cream.  Think I might do a hair mask and a face mask.  Although I don't really have any face masks but I could buy one tomorrow. LOL  Get on some warm pj's and my big comfy robe, and eat some chocolate that was given to me!

What do you all do?

Esteemed Contributor

Congrats on your retirement! Sounds like you are treating yourself well. I don't really do Beaty self pampering. My form of pampering is laying around with my cats on a Saturday and watching Netflix movies! Enjoy yourself!

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Congrats on your retirement! Sounds like you are treating yourself well. I don't really do Beaty self pampering. My form of pampering is laying around with my cats on a Saturday and watching Netflix movies! Enjoy yourself!

@Goldengate8361 - that sounds great too!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your retirement!! 

@JudyL 

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess - Thank you!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@JudyL Congrats on your retirement, I retired in June after 45 years and it was such a wonderful feeling the first day not to get up and go to work.  I am actually still adjusting to not having to go to work.  I love not knowing sometmes or caring what day of the week it is now. I am like you, I usually like showers, but on occasions when I am really tired, I like to soak in a nice bath and sip a glass of wine and get out and put my comfy PJ's on and watch TV.  Best wishes to you! 

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL : Congrats and welcome to retirement!

May I suggest that you look in your area for a local vo-tech high school or cosmetology school that offers services to the public. They do great work for a fraction of salon prices. My local school's salon is open to the public one half day/ week. I indulge weekly. Services that I have received include: color, highlights, blow out, mani, pedi and facial. Other services offered include keratin straightening, perms, and cuts.

I still get my hair cut at a salon as haircutting is a skill and an art that must be developed and perfected over time. That said, many people get their hair cut at the student salon.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations, @JudyL!  Now you can do whatever your heart desires whenever a notion strikes!  Do you have grandchildren that you'll be able to see more often?  Any plans to travel more?

My AM and PM routines are something I enjoy. I never skip but sometimes will make modifications if I'm especially in a hurry or wiped out.  A few times a year I've gotten massages.  I'd like to do it monthly or every other month but it's been hard to get an appointment.  The office recently hired a new therapist so maybe my chances will be better now.  Esthetician facials are nice too.  When our DD worked at a salon that also had an esthetician, I could usually count on GC's for my birthday and Mother's Day.  It's been a long time since then.  Now I just do my own version.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch - no grandchildren but my DD lives nearby and we are very close so hope to spend some more time with her.  I will be travelling this summer to Kenya and Tanzania.  Will be gone for almost a month.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Enjoy your retirement!  I have no retirement advice, since I am still quite happily employed, but if I could give any advice I'd say keep a routine so that you don't turn into a lazy bum. 🤣😂🤣😂

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.