Super Contributor

Hi ladies, I would like to start using a gentle but effective BHA/AHA lotion at night to exfoliate without being irritating or sticky. Is there such a product? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

For my face I use something else.

The Cerave tub with the blue lid for skin smoothing is the absolute best for hands and feet.  Give it a try overnight for a week or so and you will be amazed.

Respected Contributor

Origins Oil Free High Potency Night-A-Mins has fruit derived AHA. And it is a good night cream.

For BHA Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid is excellent.

Honored Contributor

Re: BHA/AHA Lotion

[ Edited ]

Alpha Skin Care makes very good (AHA) lotion...that's their specialty. In fact many of their products are very highly rated and have been around for a long time. Their prices are affordable, especially when you consider what you can get. Free shipping for $25+. They offer 10% to 14% glycolic acid products for both face and body.  I use the 10% lotion for my face and 12% for my body. 

In general, salicylic acid (BHA) can dry out the skin so I don't use that myself. But it is good for surface exfoliation and pore cleansing. I think BHAs are excellent for oily skin and tends to be drying for people with dry skin, like myself. I find the AHA  not as drying and can actually hold on to moisture in the skin.

Honored Contributor

Re: BHA/AHA Lotion

[ Edited ]

BHA & AHA are different kinds of exfoliants. You will want to choose the correct exfoliant for what you want to accomplish.

Click link below for info.

AHAs & BHAs