Occasional Contributor

BEWARE OF SHOPHQ / SHOPNBC SHIPPING CHARGES!!!

Hey friends!

I've been seeing a lot of Skinn fans posting. Just in case you weren't aware of this... SHOPHQ DOES NOT GIVE A PRICE BREAK FOR SHIPPING TO ONE ADDRESS, OR FOR COMBINING RELATED PRODUCTS IN ONE ORDER.

Recently I ordered a few tops, all in one order. All of them were light-weight, and came in one plastic bag package that was small enough to be tucked between my screen door and my front door. THE SHIPPING CHARGE WAS OVER $48.00!!!! Then, unfortunately most of them didn't work for me (the reason is irrelevant; they just had to go back). THEY DO NOT REFUND or CREDIT SHIPPING IF YOU RETURN PRODUCTS... I lost $48+ for shipping one small to medium size, light-weight package. (Side note: Just to clarify -- I don't live on a rural-route, out of the country, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto-Rico, etc. I didn't request overnight or rush delivery. This was just their normal shipping fees.)

I had been a long-time customer of Shopnbc for years and years; had their credit card, etc. I called customer service to see if they might adjust the charges. NO, they said that's just their shipping policy. Although I still like some of Shophq's products, I am aware that if I buy a few things, the shipping fee will probably be ridiculous. I decided to close my credit card with them, and now rarely buy from them. I still check their site and watch Shophq sometime, and once in a while I will purchase, but not at all like before.

Please don't judge or be unkind. I am not asking or telling you to do the same. I just wanted to warn you if you weren't aware of this. Also, I am not an unaware shopper. On the contrary, I always try use a rebate sights, I check beauty sights for additional codes for discounts, free shipping or other offers. I am willing to spend good money for good products; I believe you get what you pay for, and you pay for what you get. But I decided to draw a line on this one.

I'm curious on your thoughts as well about this, but please don't be mean or a "hater". I'm not at all judging your purchases, and I'm asking you not to judge my decision. Let's have a good discussion! God bless and have a great day. Stay warm and safe. ~ Rae Ann

Trusted Contributor

Re: BEWARE OF SHOPHQ / SHOPNBC SHIPPING CHARGES!!!

No judgement from me, I agree 100% with what you say. I've cut my purchases from ShopHQ way down & on the rare occasion that I place an order with them, I order when they have free S&H for their charge card holders. I will no longer order anything from them unless there are useful, informative reviews on the item (if it's clothing or shoes, how does the sizing run etc) Some items are being misrepresented by the host or vendor. Once I get them home, they look nothing like they did on air or the quality has been misrepresented. I think it's bull doody that they charge you S&H for every single item to be shipped to you and they also charge you the return S&H fee for every item that you return. They're making money on the item whether the customer keeps it or not & this practice is going to cost them customers.

Regular Contributor

I have cut way back on my shopping channel of any kind, purchases due to shipping charges.

I mean when several small items are in one box and you are charged for each one? Seems so wrong.

I really do add up the item, tax and the SH and many times say No way and I don't order.

From any shopping channel!

Respected Contributor

$48??

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

Yikes...that's a ton of money! Not a hater, I think you posted up something very important. The only thing I order from them is SKINN , they all work and I never return. But clothes.....that's a try on item and I will never order clothes from them after reading your post............................... Heads up everyone, be careful when you order.Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Yes, they charge shipping on each item, but so does QVC and so does HSN. They could easily put them in one bag and charge one shipping charge. None of these networks do that because they WANT the shipping on each item because they make money on this. So don't think shopQ is by itself on this, they all do it. BUT, not refunding the original shipping, that's only shopQ and I don't like it. But they give many, many days with ez pay or whatever they named it. I have about three things I pay six dollars and change on for six months. Very affordable. I guess you have to take the bitter with the sweet.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree with OP & their interest charge on their credit card it out of bounds.

Valued Contributor

I only buy Skinn from HQ. Ordered 2 items with free shipping. At least, HSN gives you a break if you order more than one beauty item. The reason I rarely shop at the Q is because of shipping and tax. It just doesn't pay on most items. Those 6 value pays on HQ really get me.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

yikes...

Respected Contributor

There is absolutely nothing I would ever want/buy that would result in any shipping charges exceeding $12....that's my limit.

I've found ordering from the Q, putting items in my cart, getting the 1/2 shipping and having those add up to almost $30 and the entire order gets cancelled (before I even place it).

Don't need it, don't want to pay it and there are plenty of other places with -0- shipping that will get my business.

My laziness is going away, I'm actually getting off my behind in the chair and shopping the old fashioned way, going to the stores. Seems like my returns are minimal and in reality I'm actually spending less money.