Honored Contributor

BEST SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER CURLY HAIR?

My Morccanoil S&C finally coated my hair so much, it couldn't curl. I did a clarilfying treatment and deep conditioning last night. Now on the hunt for others besides my Shea Moisture which I still love, but like to rotate if possible.

Anyone have suggestions for alcohol free, silicone free favorites?

Respected Contributor

Re: BEST SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER CURLY HAIR?

[ Edited ]

Look up this website and see the full line of products for all curly hair from just wavy to extremely curly:  devacurl.com 

I picked up a couple of items that I buy all the time at T.J. Maxx yesterday. I usually buy it either online from Amazon or at Ulta. I keep straying away from this brand, and then keep returning because it is so kind to my hair.  No silicones, no sulfates, no itchy "m's" (Chemicals that start with M that are notorious for being allergenic.)

Esteemed Contributor

Curlsmith has an extensive amount of curly hair shampoo's to correct issues.

Also the The Not Your Mother's is an excellent drug store brand that can be purchased and returned at ease from Ulta. Look into the varity of offerings that may best suit your needs.

Both give excellent results.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus 

Morning !  I have wavy hair and have been using Better Not Younger voluminizng products for the past 2 years and have been extremely pleased with them . They have a line for Curly hair called Bounce Back . The line includes Shampoo, conditioner and revival spray . Their products are are made especially for aging hair . They do have a discovery set for $29 .You can also find them at Sephora . They are sulfate free .

Have a great day 

Key Benefits

Respected Contributor

I have curly hair and have used DevaCurl with good results, but the best results I have ever gotten is by using a shampoo bar from Goat Milk Stuff.  I wash my hair, blot with a towel, and apply a couple of drops of Argan oil.  I use a big comb, then scrunch with my fingers.  Super shiney, and beautiful, defined curls.  To be fair, I don't color my hair and it's gray.  I get lots of compliments.  I love the clean feeling of my hair and my scalp is healthy with no buildup.  I wash about every 3rd day.  Bar shampoo is so easy to travel with as well.

Trusted Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I have curly hair and have used DevaCurl with good results, but the best results I have ever gotten is by using a shampoo bar from Goat Milk Stuff.  I wash my hair, blot with a towel, and apply a couple of drops of Argan oil.  I use a big comb, then scrunch with my fingers.  Super shiney, and beautiful, defined curls.  To be fair, I don't color my hair and it's gray.  I get lots of compliments.  I love the clean feeling of my hair and my scalp is healthy with no buildup.  I wash about every 3rd day.  Bar shampoo is so easy to travel with as well.

@brandiwine I never thought to try a bar soap!  Thanks for the info!

Valued Contributor

@brandiwine I wonder if a Beekman bar soap would work also?
Regular Contributor

bumble and bumble,,,I love their curly hair products!!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Check out Aveda's website.  The offer shampoos and prep products for curly hair.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@spursfan2  NO!  I tried it once and my hair was like straw.  I also tried the regular bar of soap from GMS and it was dry as well.  I tried Beekmans shampoo bar and I found it drying.  I have tried several brands over time, but the Goat Milk Stuff one works really well for me.  Looks like some great ideas have been posted