Super Contributor

I should have added that I bought Josie Marans Argon Oil........I use it on my arms and legs mostly.

Trusted Contributor
On 5/21/2014 NanaS said:

I find that in winter the oils dry out my skin.......my face feels best using PONDS moisturizer in the jar with the blue lid ! I also use PONDS MAKE UP REMOVER/COLD CREAM IN THE GREEN LID. Save $$$$ !!

Think this is an example of your skin not getting enough hydration. Oils are great for moisture but water based products are necessary to get water into our skin. I read this comment from time to time here (about oils drying some out) and think some may not realize that oils can't always be the only moisture and hydration source.

And the less water there is in the air, the more we need to supplement our skin with it, internally and externally. Humidity here yesterday got down to 3% - wish I could walk around with a misting umbrella over me {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor
On 5/21/2014 wackers said:

Didn't someone also mention being able to buy Rosehip Oil at Whole Foods? Sidsmom mention of WF prompted my recollection that someone posted about that here. I have a Whole Foods less than 3 miles away and hate to admit, I've not even seen it yet. I've never been in any Whole Foods store as until 2 years ago, there wasn't one anywhere I lived.

I keep meaning to get over there, if for no other reason than just to check it out, but it is directly opposite the direction I always head. I'd really love to see one for myself as I've heard such great things about WF. My kids all shop in them in CA and OR and rave about them.

Maybe Rosehip Oil will be my motivation - yeah!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

sidsmom - that is a very unusual nic. When I was posting about WF, I checked back to see who mentioned it and simultaneously, a possible meaning behind your nic hit me. I do hope that isn't the case and it is strictly coincidental. And also, none of my business, if you prefer. Certainly meant no intrusion.

Wackers...we're cool!! Sid was the name of my big ole yellow kitty I had for 18 yrs...true love of my life =^..^=!! Now where did 'wackers' come from?! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 5/21/2014 HomebodyinMichigan said: Tamanu oil otherwise know as Camu Camu, for healing my old acne scars.

Tamanu (usually Calophyllum inophyllum) oil and camu camu oil (usually (Myrciaria dubia) are NOT one in the same- they are two different oils.

Regular Contributor
I've really only tried the Josie Maran Argan Oil which I like but it needs to be used with a light hand. I should have ordered the last TSV but I didn't need the additional regular Argan Oi, but I really would like to see what the light Argan Oil is like Reviews are very positive for both and the regular really helps with my deep lines
Honored Contributor

Another thing that must be done before you apply the oils or any product for that matter , is make sure your face is really, deep down clean. And I mean the Clarisonic skin machines. I know, I know, but I am a believer now!!! If all your pores are clogged with all the gunk we subject them too, nothing with penetrate and to do the best job, those products must be able to get in there. Makes prefect sense. You can get the Mia for about $99 even at Nordstrom. And the heads are pricy too, but really worth it if your products last longer because you use less because your skin is absorbing them easier from being deep down clean and clear! OK off my soapbox {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Contributor

Josie Maran, Argan Oil, hands down. It has evened out my skin tone and giving me a dewy, not oily, glow. It has softened the fine lines around my eyes as well.

Super Contributor

I like jojoba oil. Coconut oil is great for my hair, but makes my skin react,

Frequent Contributor

I like argan or rosehip oil for my face, coconut oil for everywhere else.

I dislike the Tarte Maracuja oil intensely - it smells like a petroleum product to me. I threw it away.

Contributor
I agree that you have to find the one that agrees with your skin. I used rosehip for a while and it broke me out terribly. I don't use oils as a moisturizer anymore, but have found that avocado oil does wonders as a cleanser at night. I wake up to baby soft skin. No breakouts. I get the La Touranelle brand on amazon.