Super Contributor

What have you found to be the best oils for your face and what have they done to change your skin for the better? Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Poppet, I just responded on the other thread. (Looks like you have been discouraged about the rose hip seed oil.)

In any event, different skin types will benefit from different oils, and this article is a great explanation on those differences.

Personally, I like a combination of rose hip seed, black currant and cranberry, each with their own nutrient content. I can emphatically say this is the best moisturizer I have ever used (along w/ aloe vera and hylauronic acid) and I have tried so many different ones.

(I've also tried a lot of different oils, too, not so much anymore, but I've settled on the most nutrient dense ones.)

Sometimes it is just a matter of personal preference - in the texture of the oils, and also what it does for your individual skin.

http://www.minimalistbeauty.com/oils-specifically-for-acne-prone-skin/

Super Contributor

Nope, not discouraged just curious. Thank you for your response. Greatly appreciated. I will definately give these a try. Currently I just use JM Argan Oil but I'm open to try different things to maintain good skin.

Honored Contributor

The three I use on a regular basis is rosehip seed oil, marula oil and baobab oil. Rosehip seed I will never be without and I use marula and baobab depending on what my skin needs. I also use baobab (and sometimes mix with rosehip seed oil and or jojoba oil) as an eyelash conditioner and my eyelashes are longer than ever (they were always short and broke easily).

I also rub my oils, especially rosehip seed oil, in my nails every day and I can now grow my nails long and my cuticles are no longer ragged looking and never need to be trimmed like they use to. That is one other reason I will never give up my rosehip seed oil.

I've been using these oils for at least a few years now. Everyone's skin and skin needs are different so you just have to experiment to see what oils are best for your skin and skin needs.

Honored Contributor

I'm on the fence when it comes to facial oils, part of which is my own mistake. A few months ago, I went on a rampage and purchased eight different ones (all from SheaTerraOrganics). I have no complaints about the quality whatsoever.

I've been rotating all eight ever since. Although I love the feel and the application, I just can't say whether I see any difference with any of them, let alone differentiating among them.

And to confuse the matter even more, I am not one to rely solely on oils. So I use other products that I consider to be worthwhile, too, and that I will not forgo.

I think when it comes time to buy oils again (if I decide to do so), I will probably choose either Argan or Marula and maybe just one more.

I'm sure that this post of mine is extremely helpful. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I have tried many different oils, both singles and combinations and so far, Japanese Camellia oil agrees with my skin the best. It gives me a glow without looking greasy. Other oils either broke me out or did not improve my skin.

Frequent Contributor

I have had adult acne all my life and have tried so many products to include many found here on the Q. I went organic about 3 years ago and found Ann Marie Gianni products and my skin cleared up instantly. I really didn't think it would work because she uses oils from the wild to make her products. I was skeptical about putting oil on my skin. But I did and have never looked back. My skin gets better with time.

Super Contributor

I like an oil blend best. My favorite is Mad Hippie but coming in a close second is Shea Terra Organics Argan and rose blend. Both of these leave my skin so soft and well moisturized. The one from Mad Hippie has more oils in the blend which is why I like it slightly better. I have tried so many oils and just got aggravated trying to decide which ones worked best together or on their own.

Respected Contributor
I've had good success with rose hip seed oil. It absorbs well, hydrates, gives a little glow, and no break outs.
Respected Contributor

I've been using only Squalane for about 5-6 years now & have no reason to switch. I buy it in the 8 oz. bottle once a year from Garden Of Wisdom & transfer to a smaller glass bottle with a dropper to use.