Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@HappyDaze, thanks for the info. I would love to see multi packs of the menthol free lip balms. The price to buy one individual lip balm plus shipping is a little high. I didn't realize any of them were tinted, which ones are tinted? Not a fan of tinted balms. 

The tinted ones are the Grapefruit, apricot honey tea and the rose. They call them sheer tints but they don't go on sheer on me- they turn a weird brownish color on me which looks awful. I like the formula just fine but the tint is odd.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@HappyDaze, thanks for the info. I would love to see multi packs of the menthol free lip balms. The price to buy one individual lip balm plus shipping is a little high. I didn't realize any of them were tinted, which ones are tinted? Not a fan of tinted balms. 

The tinted ones are the Grapefruit, apricot honey tea and the rose. They call them sheer tints but they don't go on sheer on me- they turn a weird brownish color on me which looks awful. I like the formula just fine but the tint is odd.

@HappyDaze, thanks for the info. Of course, the menthol free balms would be the tinted ones. Lol! Maybe one day I'll try the Wondermint. 

Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@HappyDaze, thanks for the info. Of course, the menthol free balms would be the tinted ones. Lol! Maybe one day I'll try the Wondermint. 

@Maltichonmom17 lol I know, annoying!!! That is why I tried those ones. The beekman boys said that you can't see the tint really on your lips but that wasn't true for me. I wish it were more sheer or just untinted altogether. Oddly, the wondermint ingredients don't list any "mint" type  ingredient yet the description says it contains a mint oil but I don't see that oil listed??? I think I will email them and ask them about that. Anyway, I'd be a little leery about trying that one until you know exactly what it contains, lol.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 lol I know, annoying!!! That is why I tried those ones. The beekman boys said that you can't see the tint really on your lips but that wasn't true for me. I wish it were more sheer or just untinted altogether. Oddly, the wondermint ingredients don't list any "mint" type  ingredient yet the description says it contains a mint oil but I don't see that oil listed??? I think I will email them and ask them about that. Anyway, I'd be a little leery about trying that one until you know exactly what it contains, lol.

@HappyDaze, I would love a basic lip balm, no menthol, no tint. This may be the next Facebook request. Can't deal with the smell of menthol so close to my nose, let alone the bad taste and burning sensation on my lips. The Josie Maran color sticks are a waste for me for the same reason. 

It is weird how Beekman has ingredients in the name or description but it isn't actually one of the ingredients, like the Honey Orange Blossom soap bars. 

Trusted Contributor

I believe what the Beekman boys told you were wrong.  Ingredients are not listed in order of weight.  The Federal Trade Commission orders that ingredients have to be listed in order of concentration.  Ingredients that are in higher amounts in the formula go on top of the list.  Seems likes there isn't much goat milk in the product. 

Honored Contributor

Re: BEEKMAN NEWS

[ Edited ]

@henderson wrote:

I believe what the Beekman boys told you were wrong.  Ingredients are not listed in order of weight.  The Federal Trade Commission orders that ingredients have to be listed in order of concentration.  Ingredients that are in higher amounts in the formula go on top of the list.  Seems likes there isn't much goat milk in the product. 

Not necessarily. First the FDA actually sets and regulates labeling of skincare and cosmetics. However, Soap (depending on the ingredients) and certain body cleansers labeling are not regulated by the FDA like other cosmetics and skincare.  So soap and certain body cleansers may not necessarily have to list ingredients in order of highest concentration to lowest

From the FDA's website:

And what if it's "soap"?

Soap is a category that needs special explanation. That's because the regulatory definition of "soap" is different from the way in which people commonly use the word. Products that meet the definition of "soap" are exempt from the provisions of the FD&C Act because—even though Section 201(i)(1) of the act includes "articles...for cleansing" in the definition of a cosmetic—Section 201(i)(2) excludes soap from the definition of a cosmetic. 

How FDA defines "soap"

Not every product marketed as soap meets FDA's definition of the term. FDA interprets the term "soap" to apply only when

• the bulk of the nonvolatile matter in the product consists of an alkali salt of fatty acids and the product's detergent properties are due to the alkali-fatty acid compounds, and
  • the product is labeled, sold, and represented solely as soap [21 CFR 701.20].

Products that meet this definition of soap are regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission disclaimer icon  (CPSC), not by FDA. Please direct questions about these products, such as safety and labeling requirements, to CPSC. 

Honored Contributor

Re: BEEKMAN NEWS

[ Edited ]

I think they should also work to remove the artificial colors and dyes from some of  the body and hand washes.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info. I do find the Beekman boys on Facebook do respond to their comments on their page. I try to get over there a few times a week to catch up as their page is very active.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

Wow @HappyDaze I am sorry to hear you can't wear the tinted lip balms. I love them all. I prefer no tint but it the tinted one have just a light color on my lips, no brown tint like you. I guess our body chemistries are all different. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the explanation/order of soap ingredients.  I was wrong!