Honored Contributor

BECOMING SUSPICIOUS OF NEW SKINCARE

It seems on every shelp is new skincare with "imported" ingredients, but many do not say from where. The words "rare" show up way too often with no plausible explanation. Foraged mushrooms, nuts, leaves, strange oils. I'm staying with my tried and true products until labels begin to be more transparent.

What happend to clean beauty that we knew was really clean? 

Respected Contributor

Re: BECOMING SUSPICIOUS OF NEW SKINCARE

These vendors also say only can be found in the mountain caves of Outer Space or some far off place too. Agree it raises much suspicion.

Super Contributor

I am getting suspicious because I was watchine the skincare show with Shawn and a product from Holland that uses Tulips as a main ingredient showed a forehdead with wrinkles "before and after". I was watching the Deals Daily on Q2 the next day and saw a skin product that used the EXACT same picture to claim results!  REally, really weird! 

Honored Contributor

Great skin comes from two sources, good genes and youth.  The first one lasts and the second is ony temporary. 

Esteemed Contributor

There are plenty of ingredients that have been researched for topical use or known to have been used by other cultures.

I'm not really suspicious of, shall we say, other ingredients in skin care. But, many of those do the same things we already know & love.

Every now & then I'll try something I haven't used before, but I don't listen to anything touted as rare or exotic. Those are just marketing ploys.

Anyway, "there's nothing new under the sun."

Honored Contributor

It seems like I've been looking at skincare ingredients for a very long time and every time I see something new, I try to remind myself of the basics which have worked for me for the many years I have been using skincare products. For me it's simple...I stick to what has been proven to work (in the scientific world), tried and true. Otherwise I'm on that constant merry-go-round looking for the next new 'brass ring'....those days are over.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   That's why I am happy with my skincare being made in the U.S.A.  (Mario Badescu).

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I'm not suspicious, just cynical.  No confidence the origin tells me what I am buying is necessarily a sign I am getting excellence.

Esteemed Contributor

Never trusted much from sales talk.  Remember Tatcha and her book?  Josie and her nuts?  Tarte and her clay?  Long ago E Grant and her algae?

I swear someone had volcano water off the coast of Hawaii?

All scams.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I've wondered about this myself, especially when watching Denis of Tweak'd.  Do you think he's really climbing to "the highest elevations" as he puts it, to obtain all the rare ingredients for his hair products?