Honored Contributor

I just caught a commercial showing BECCA coming to HSN on July 29th. Guess both channels trying "makeup" to bring in dollars again. 

Respected Contributor

BECCA was on HSN a few years ago

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I guess that will work for some sales -  even before the pandemic hit, I'd decided the only beauty purchase I needed for many months would be a tube of good lipstick.  Can't see any reason other than sheer boredom to buy that any time soon.

I know I'm out of the loop -  no new clothes, no jewlery, no make-up, etc. but I wonder if I'm all that unusual among my age group.  In my "real" life, I haven't heard one conversation or seen one text about shopping except for groceries.  

If an article I read was accurate, it's not about the money - it's about life stage and the effects of the pandemic.  People similar to me in age and income on average are spending a full third less disposable income now as compared to this time last year.  

I'm even above that a bit, but here's an irony for the Forums ---  the only retail on my credit cards for the last 5 months???   QVC.  Not much, but it's there.

Honored Contributor

I like their highlighters -- Opal, Prosecco Pop & Vanilla Quartz are very popular.

But with everyone wearing masks all the companies that sell foundation, blush, highlighter & bronzer -- their sales will sag. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Becca eyeshadow is the best.  

Honored Contributor

I love a lot of Becca's makeup. Love their lipsticks, very creamy and moist and have beautiful shades. Also their Ultimate Foundation is really really nice, full coverage without feeling thick and heavy, also they have a nice finishing powder and a pre-concealer brightener that really works for dark under eye circles, regardless whose concealer you use......

Super nice products, and I think QVC still sells Becca as well...... 

Honored Contributor

Re: BECCA ON HSN

[ Edited ]

When Becca first came out of course I had to check it out.  They do have very nice lipsticks and I purchased a blush and then I moved on.   Their foundation shades were so yellow -- absolutely horrible.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Shanus I guess that will work for some sales -  even before the pandemic hit, I'd decided the only beauty purchase I needed for many months would be a tube of good lipstick.  Can't see any reason other than sheer boredom to buy that any time soon.

I know I'm out of the loop -  no new clothes, no jewlery, no make-up, etc. but I wonder if I'm all that unusual among my age group.  In my "real" life, I haven't heard one conversation or seen one text about shopping except for groceries.  

If an article I read was accurate, it's not about the money - it's about life stage and the effects of the pandemic.  People similar to me in age and income on average are spending a full third less disposable income now as compared to this time last year.  

I'm even above that a bit, but here's an irony for the Forums ---  the only retail on my credit cards for the last 5 months???   QVC.  Not much, but it's there.

@millieshops   I agree w/ less spending. When I do purchase something, it's with more thought/consideration if it's a need or a want. I have cut way back on clothing and household decor purchases were discontinued years ago as I started clearing out and donating what I had accumulated. 

When I look at my charge card statement, it's more Amazon than Q because of free shipping and variety and it's here within 2-3 days. 

Yes, the pandemic has changed the present financial situation of many and fears for future available income.

Honored Contributor

Re: BECCA ON HSN

[ Edited ]

In general, makeup/skincare companies are taking a big hit. Every site seems to offer big sales if you wait for them when purchasing. It's a fact that foundation, blush, lipstick etc. sales are way down. Some companies are going to discontinue shades to downsize the line and their expenses...Bobbi Brown has started already. MAC is a hardy brand and always sold well in stores and online. If they're seeking QVC online shopping as another outlet, it's a sign of the times. 

Without testers available, makeup will be more than impossible to purchase. New products will have a difficult time on the sales' floors if customers can't try them, feel the textures or test colors. Relying on older best sellers may be the way of the future. 

Even women working from home and meeting on zoom, etc. usually aren't as fully made up as if they were going to the office. 

Most importantly, I see skincare as maybe the more important purchases since less makeup is being worn. I know wearing the mask even several hours at a time is not only irritating to my face, but rubs off my spf everytime I take it off to drive to my next destination. I'm reapplying it often and never did that before. 

Lastly and sadly for some, in the large scheme of the world issues now, makeup, eye shadow shades, which blush shade is best for who seems frivolous.