Honored Contributor

BECCA FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION

[ Edited ]

I received a sample of this foundation in the mail.  It is full coverage but light as a feather.  I applied with my fingers and it covered immediately and is a matte finish.  I am seriously thinking of buying it for the cooler days and the upcoming fall/winter.  There are many shades to choose from.  I will have to call to see which one would be the best for me or head over to ULTA to test out.  If you are looking for full coverage without the weight, I was really impressed by this foundation.  It has been so hot and humid where I live that I have been applying my concealer in certain areas on my face and that is it but I do cover with a finely milled powder.  Has anyone tried the full coverage foundation by Becca?  Your thoughts.  HeartCat Wink

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: BECCA FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION

@Katcat1

Good morning , yes I used this foundation Becca Ultimate Coverage ( is that the one ?) The color was a perfect match and the finish was beautiful . I have combination skin with some texture ( old acne marks and large pores ) . I felt by the end of the day it was settling in them and making them more noticeable .  That was how I personally felt , although there are many reviews on Youtube with people who have acne ,etc and love it .  The one drawback I found is that because it is so weightless , it is very easy to put too much on . If you are looking to find color match you can go to the Sephora website and click on the contact us/help button , as long as you are currently using a foundation they carry they will match it up .You just have to give them the brand and shade you currently use and ask what color you would be in Becca .Good luck ! 

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn,  Thank you.  I will check it out on the Sephora website.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I'm looking for a new foundation so checked the full coverage Becca but it's loaded with dimethicones, my skin breaks out from them & bismouth too. I'm using IT powder foundation (black case) now but would like to switch it up.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51.  I have to tell you that I went to ULTA today to check out the BECCA cosmetics.  First of all the shades are way too yellow.  The Porcelain one I received a sample of had a pink undertone and everything after that was yellow - ugh!  However, all the samples were really thick and I don't know how they are selling the foundation because it is too thick.  My sample was not thick.  Any way, they did not have the lip balms I wanted to see but I did see a luminious blush that was really pretty.  I am going to check Laura Mercier for a medium to full coverage for fall.  She has one that is an all day wearable.  I wear Laura M.'s oil-free tinted moisturizer now.  I wait until she offers a 20% discount.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 Thanks for the info. I think it would be fun trying different cosmetic lines but for me it's difficult because I'm sensitive to all the ingredients ending with cone, bismouth & others too. My skin is oily with lots of problems so finding a full coverage foundation I could use would be a dream. The powder IT I'm using now is so-so but I stick with it because it doesn't cause breakouts.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51,  Have you tried Organic cosmetics?  There is one called Juicy, I believe and you can check the ingredients.  Of course, there are other organic brands too.  I use to be sensitive and still am to an extent.  I could not use Merle Norman makeup.  I broke out in a red rash years ago.  I cannot use Olay skincare.  I don't really know what ingredient(s) cause it; but I currently use Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer with no problem.  I would like to get a medium coverage foundation for the fall/winter.  I have a feeling I am going to stick with Laura M. because I was at ULTA and the BECCA foundation shades are too yellow for me.  Take care.

kindness is strength