Trusted Contributor

Re: BECCA Cosmetics Ingredients!!

wrote:

The FDA has this to say about parabens:

https://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm397393.htm

Until the FDA makes an official recall of parabens used in the cosmetic industry, then I don't feel there is anything wrong with using it.

As for aluminum in cosmetics...there has been no scientific proof that it causes health problems.

FDA and talc:

https://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/productsingredients/ingredients/ucm293184.htm

Even the American Cancer Society agrees. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/antiperspirants-and-breast-cancer-risk.html

Honored Contributor

The paraben studies were done on lab animals that were exposed to parabens via oral administration. Then when the results came back with the finding of it causing tumors, that's when the cosmetic industry took note. It was an unnecessary warning put out by the industry that wasn't backed by the right kind of testing...a perfect example of information being passed down then misinterpreted. By the time it was all said and done, the fear mongering had already taken its course.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

The paraben studies were done on lab animals that were exposed to parabens via oral administration. Then when the results came back with the finding of it causing tumors, that's when the cosmetic industry took note. It was an unnecessary warning put out by the industry that wasn't backed by the right kind of testing...a perfect example of information being passed down then misinterpreted. By the time it was all said and done, the fear mongering had already taken its course.

It doesn’t take much for fear mongering to occur.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee, I don't want to take this thread off topic and get political but my personal opinion is that there are too many special interest groups throwing money at the FDA.

There have also been a number of things that received FDA clearance and approval that later on were found to be very dangerous and ended up pulled from the market.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The important thing we should realize is that before the FDA, there was No regulation on anything. This was why the FDA was created. The fact that things get tested, get found to be not all they are cracked up to be or safe, shows that this agency is working. 

Science is constantly evolving & research allows people to determine if products are safe for use or not. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva,

Oh yes, what you just said happens and it's very unfortunate, especially for those who have suffered health problems. One good example of what you are talking about is the use of the artificial sweetener, saccharin. Never have I seen so much in and out stuff going on than I have see with that product (Sweet 'n Low)...not safe then deemed safe. Bunch of bs based on the 'P' side of the industry.

Excuse me OP for going off topic.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Too much fear-mongering and jumping on bandwagons without any scientitically credible reason. There are companies who foster this suspicion of data and exploit those who believe too easily.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Never heard of this brand before and was wondering if they do animal testing.  Checked the site I usually check, all info was as of 2017.  Found that Becca is owned by Estee Lauder.  Found that Estee Lauder is one of the companies that tests on animals.

Wish we could get QVC to post if a product they're selling does animal testing.  Some do not want to support companies that do so; some are not effected by this. So, it wouldn't hurt sales, just save customers an additional step.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops ITA.  Smiles and happy day to you.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

The FDA has this to say about parabens:

https://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm397393.htm

Until the FDA makes an official recall of parabens used in the cosmetic industry, then I don't feel there is anything wrong with using it.

As for aluminum in cosmetics...there has been no scientific proof that it causes health problems.

FDA and talc:

https://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/productsingredients/ingredients/ucm293184.htm 

So for example! Fact someone knows for certain- Talc causes them side effects which are uncomfortable and irritating chooses not using.

You insist shaming personal choice. Wow! Chew on this! FDA labeled supplements claims "not proven" freedom of choice buy or not. The same with ingredients in makeup or any products. What works for you might not be right for someone else. Live and Let Live.