Regular Contributor

BECCA Cosmetics Ingredients!!

I was just looking at the first suggested item under Becca, and it is 

Shimmering Skin Pefector Rose Gold Pressed: which has Talc, and Aluminum Powder, which I would never put on my skin.  And the Shimmering Skin Perfector Rose Gold Spotlight Wand: has Glycerin, and lots of Parabens!!!!!  Most companies are getting away from these ingredients, especially Parabens!!!  So, I’m skipping this line, and sticking with ones that don’t use harmful ingredients.  Do you agree??

Valued Contributor

Re: BECCA Cosmetics Ingredients!!

I just looked up the ingredients on the Ulta site. A lot of nasty stuff. I'm surprised at this. 

Respected Contributor

I like this line.  I don't believe these ingredients are harmful.

Honored Contributor

I own 2 balm lipsticks and one blush from Becca and that is probably all I will buy from them.  They sell too much highlighting products and you can only use so much of that.  I will watch their TSV but not purchase.  As far as ingredients.  If you are not comfortable with the ingredients then you should not purchase.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just google Parabens!!!!!  And, Aluminum!!!!  I value my health!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching Becca now. Thanks for the information on the ingredients. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was quite surprised that there are so many things in there that were a no no for me.   The parabens alone are enough to make me run in the opposite direction!!  I am looking for more botanicals and good for or helpful for my skin.   They are also now owned by Estee Lauder so I doubt they will ever change anything now.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I like this line.  I don't believe these ingredients are harmful.

@makena  I agree  I also like this line and to me, walking across a busy street is more dangerous then using this makeup. 

Respected Contributor

Sadly this line is a pass for me too...loaded with ingredients that end in cone, they make my skin breakout.

Honored Contributor

I wore BECCA when it was a beautiful line founded by a lovely lady in Australia. Most of the products had names that reflected this, and they were good products. Once they were bought out of course the quality went down. I haven't tried anything by them since. Smiley Sad