Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Some items I was interested in purchasing, but sold out before I could get order in on computer or go through the automated menu on phone. This happens every year. Maybe they need to order more of popular products. 

Anyone else disappointed?

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus I ordered the first day they advertised.  Like many no GWP bag.  Lots of promises on the cust care blog but nothing.   Pretty sure the 1700+ customers who didn't receive bags won't receive them.  They didn't do a good job with this benefit.  It's a good cause so I'll keep my product but my days of purchasing from Q are very limited at this point.  Sorry you didn't get your item. 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@Shanus I ordered the first day they advertised.  Like many no GWP bag.  Lots of promises on the cust care blog but nothing.   Pretty sure the 1700+ customers who didn't receive bags won't receive them.  They didn't do a good job with this benefit.  It's a good cause so I'll keep my product but my days of purchasing from Q are very limited at this point.  Sorry you didn't get your item. 

@Jtdmum   Definitely will not participate again. Will just donate directly to cancer fund. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  It's very dishonest to advertise a GWP & not give one. Then when they had the event last night they kept pushing the GWP concept.

This was the first year I didn't order anything.Nothing appealed to me,so I made a donation to the cause.In the past I always got the gift.One year I got a bag with cracked leaking products & C.S. apologized & replaced it quickly.

This year they are clearly taking their customers for granted.Not a good business modal. It's simple don't promise what you can't deliver.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Shanus  It's very dishonest to advertise a GWP & not give one. Then when they had the event last night they kept pushing the GWP concept.

This was the first year I didn't order anything.Nothing appealed to me,so I made a donation to the cause.In the past I always got the gift.One year I got a bag with cracked leaking products & C.S. apologized & replaced it quickly.

This year they are clearly taking their customers for granted.Not a good business modal. It's simple don't promise what you can't deliver.

@NicksmomESQ   ITA. I wasn't purchasing necessarily for GWP, but items sold out too quickly...not enough inventory. It reminded me of Ffany shoes....2 pr. on each size that sold out before hit the the air. 

Respected Contributor

One of the first years they ran out so leary of this again. I don't get the ship separately that Q supposedly does? HSN ships theirs with the Benefit bag  item in the same box. One never knows it will be there from Q? There was only one item I could not use  in the HSN bag, a nude lip gloss from Laura G. It was chocolate brown gloss! I was happy to try some a new Wen scent. 

I didn't even watch as figured things will go fast . A great cause and a nice perk if one gets a bag or not.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Some items I was interested in purchasing, but sold out before I could get order in on computer or go through the automated menu on phone. This happens every year. Maybe they need to order more of popular products. 

At least in one case, it's a matter of inadequate allocation. The only product in the relatively unappealing QVC offerings that I considered was the tube of L'Occitane hand cream for nearly $30. It disappeared from the BWB listings days ago, yet what I believe is the same tube (#A138608) is currently available for the same price, but not as part of the program. 

I had decided against buying after I read the complaints about people receiving banged-up tubes of the hand cream and the other complaints about not getting the bonus bag or getting a runaround from QVC CS, which is hard to reach these days.

Who needs that? I also didn't find the contents of the bag so desirable that I was willing to take the chance. Passed on HSN as well. No regrets.

Frequent Contributor

Re: BEAUTY WITH BENEFITS

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I think the items were donated, so they sold whatever number the vendors donated (ie, they didn't actually order the items they were selling).

ETA: @noodleann I think that's also why the exact same hand cream is for sale but not as a BWB purchase; the inventory that was part of BWB was donated, but the inventory of the item number you mentioned was not part of the donated inventory.

Esteemed Contributor

@bunnygirlbrem wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I think the items were donated, so they sold whatever number the vendors donated (ie, they didn't actually order the items they were selling).

This was my impression. . .that they only have to sell whatever quantity the business donated.  

I tuned in toward the end and wasn't tempted by what was left.  They did a short segment where Alberti was talking to an HSN host.  Don't know who she is, but in those brief seconds, she appeared so much more polished and interesting to watch than most of the Q hosts.

Respected Contributor

I ordered when I first saw it on the forums.  Got my Doll 10 order and the GWP in the same box.  Heard so many stories of no GWP left by the actual show date, I ordered early.  The Doll 10 was a set of three.  One for me, two for gifts.  The bag of goodies were nice.  I did not order the HSN BWB.   Good cause, but I would be disappointed if the GWP did not ship. Part of the fun getting it.