Honored Contributor

BEAUTY UNALTERED

[ Edited ]

In the news tonite, CVS will have makeup displays with unaltered, non-photo shopped images of the celebrities or models. This will represent the first step in an effort to reflect the reality of how women appear without any blemishes or flaws hidden in ads. Hopefully other retailers will follow suit.

Honored Contributor

I hope TV ads will follow suit. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I hope TV ads will follow suit. 

@SilleeMee  Finally, truth in advertising.

Honored Contributor

Now, if they would banish false eyelashes from mascara commercials.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess  Most print ads now have a disclaimer or statement similar to....”affect achieved with added lashes or lash extensions, etc.” 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess  Most print ads now have a disclaimer or statement similar to....”affect achieved with added lashes or lash extensions, etc.” 

I don't care about that. I want to see what real lashes look like with the mascara.  If it's so great they shouldn't need false lashes.  I'm sure they could find models with naturally great lashes.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I don't care about that. I want to see what real lashes look like with the mascara.  If it's so great they shouldn't need false lashes.  I'm sure they could find models with naturally great lashes.  

@Icegoddess  I agree, but even long, thick, dark lashes do not show up well in print ads. They need to add “something” to simulate the look of their mascara.