Respected Contributor

Re: BEAUTY SHOPS STILL CLOSED?

So true.  It really is nice though not to have any makeup to remove at night, just a quick wash and splash.  

I am going to do a root touch up today.  My hair color is very close to my natural so not a big deal.  I sent my hairdresser the money I would have spent.  We are all staying home in my neck of the woods. 

Honored Contributor

Been hearing on the news in another town in Oklahoma salon owners sued the mayor and won to reopen.  Now the mayor is taking it to a distrist federal court and a lot of people are angry.

Seems she is trying to make a name for herself.  Defender of right and wrong. . . LOL!!!!   The town is in debt trouble and people are wondering why this has become an issue. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I think you look lovely! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Here in WA state, we are still quarantined til the end of the month altho Phase one is in effect now---beauty shops and the like will open in phase two in June---maybe----unless this virus rears its ugly head again, which I am sure it will do---but then it wll be prob 2-3 months of waiting for appts. Not much time before the fall/ winter virus hits us-----

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Here in WA state, we are still quarantined til the end of the month altho Phase one is in effect now---beauty shops and the like will open in phase two in June---maybe----unless this virus rears its ugly head again, which I am sure it will do---but then it wll be prob 2-3 months of waiting for appts. Not much time before the fall/ winter virus hits us-----

@wagirl   Yes, DD in WA near the nursing home where cases started. Major lockdown. She's receiving unemployment and since her dentist can't obtain the proper masks, the office can not reopen anytime soon. 

Honored Contributor

No salons allowed to reopen in my state until late May. I’m doing fine. My last haircut was March 3 and my current long style only needs a cut every 3 months anyway. I’ve been highlighting my hair at home for several years. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus---really----I live just about 15 minutes from that nursing home and hospital and my DD works for an orthodontics lab-----she uses a 3D printer to make mouth appliances and she has no idea when she goes back to work either--but the dog walkers can operate now---not so sure why they are deemed essential----DD is getting UE too and her bosses have a plan for opening May 19th---but who knows. Wonder if your DDs office is one that my DDs office makes stuff for-----

Trusted Contributor

My last haircut was at the beginning of March. My hair is very thick and curly so it kinda does what it wants anyway. I pity my poor hairdresser when salons in NY are allowed to open; he's going to need a weed whacker to get through my hair! I stopped coloring it though, about 4 years ago. Mother Nature colors mine now. It has lots of colors: silver, grey, white, black, with some red parts too. My hair is a hot mess! 

Esteemed Contributor

No salons where I am either; at least for a nother 6 weeks.  Pet grooming places open and have been.  Go figure!

Honored Contributor

I think I had that haircut back in the day.  Seriously.  LOL

We are supposed to get word either today or tomorrow from Governor Dewine as to when salons, barbershops and restaurants will open.