Honored Contributor

Re: BEAUTY Purchases/Recommendations week ending 6/28/19

I recently purchased Neutrogina Health Skin Foundation.  It feels like it's kind of sticky at first but after you have it on awhile, it kind of molds into your skin or something.  It's really nice.  It is not actually heavy at all. I don't feel it has the most coverage but the finish is nice and smooth and doesn't seem to sink in lines, etc.  All I do is just dot a small amount of powder on the areas I don't like shine, such as nose and chin.  I think this will be a keeper! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Eliana wrote:

I purchased Mally's Complexion Perfection Soft Focus Foundation, on sale at Kohl's for $10.  I loved it the first day I tried it, but the next two days, it was very watery.  Even shaking it, I couldn't get it to mix.  I don't know if it's the heat, but I put it in the refrigerator and will try again tomorrow.  I also went back and purchased Mally's Perfect Prep Poreless Primer, but I haven't really given that a shot yet.  I also bought one of the shadow sticks.  It's pretty on the back of my hand, but I haven't worn it on my eyese yet.  I have several and know it will last all day.

I got one of Mally's shadow sticks when I bought Shawn's beauty box! I watched her video and see they're long wearing, and they won't dry out your eyelid...so you won't need a primer!!! So I'll be buying Mally's shadow sticks!!! These will be my first Mally purchase..she's really amazing!!! LOVE to watch her presentations! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

This is just the topic I was looking for.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Lancome shadows:  I bought a palette or two a year or so ago.  No color payoff and flaked a lot.  I returned them.

Honored Contributor

My current fixation is on Volufiline and topical Pueraria Mirifica for subtle, overall facial volume. So I just got Sidmool's Volufiline 100% Ampoule from Korea for my eye area and temples. And I got CLEOSIS W Shape Cream to use to shape my lip and cheek area. (I do NOT intend to use the Shape Cream in the way the manufacturer intended.)

Theres a very sweet Polish lady in the UK with a youtube channel https://youtu.be/jTwmDNKd78k that discusses how she uses Volufiline. She's about 30, so her results aren't what someone older can expect, but she looks awesome.

It will be a little while before I receive either product. I'm getting them from Amazon. They are not on Prime. They are available on eBay, however they are in South Korea and the shipping would take forever. I just appreciate having the Amazon tracking info and easy issue resolution if there's any shipping problem.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Finally got a couple thngs from Skinn---was on hautelook and then shipped 3 weeks later--good grief, forgot about that--anyway, it is the collengenis serum and the spray essence that has lavender in it---dang, I love those 2 things---spray my bed and pillows at night  and use the serum with my skincare-----

Respected Contributor

Fresh sugar lip treatment spf.15 in the shade Rose. I also previously purchased Fresh in the shade Bloom which I love both!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I bought the new IT  powder foundation Bye Bye pores. I find that ALOT of powder comes off with a swirl & lays in the pan, so it's wasteful and a bit messy. Coverage is good but looks a little dry. Not sure yet!

Elf primer that is a dupe for Tatcha's and it's GREAT.

Burt's Bee mascara no flaking,a little clumpy- but not sure.

Trusted Contributor

• I have this Fresh scent as well & wore it earlier this week. I like it a lot. Sephora didn't carry it in the store, I had to order it online.
  • I bought Suave's Captivating Moouse based on a review I read but I don't think it works as well for my fine curly hair as TIGI Curls Rock.
  • Got a sample of Clean Reserve Aqua Neroli which is a really nice perfume & almost exact dupe of Tom Ford's Portofino Neroli & smells similar to Mandarino D' Amalfi which I do own. It doesn't have the same staying power as TF but for the price and size of the bottle I highly recommend.
  • Placed an order for Briogio's new superfood s&c in banana but haven't received it yet to review. I have been using their Kale, Apple, Matcha superfood set this week but don't think I like it as I felt it stripped my color & didn't play well with my curls. I've been using conditioning cleanser for years, Deva's original now but Matrix Biolage which has been dc'd so I've been looking for a s&c to alternate. 
QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

If it has been dc'd try Aquage Uplift Foam sold at Ulta. Many raves on it.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!