Esteemed Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES week ending 12/13/19

This week I bought some nail polishes from Shoppers Drug Mart and Winners. I bought duplicate polishes of what I own for my daughter's Christmas stocking (sheer pink and clear topcoat and bottom coat polishes) as well as a combined topcoat/bottom coat clear polish for me.

I also bought a bottle of Pantene conditioner, a NYX demi-fan makeup brush, a Marcelle serum foundation SPF 15 in classic ivory that doesn't expire until May 2021from the drugstores, and a discontinued Covergirl brow powder wand in soft brown.

I also bought a close to expiration Cle de Peau SPF 30 clear lip balm at Winners. The lip balm is in nice packaging and it was $6.99 CDN. I figured it wasn't too expensive so if I didn't like it I would toss it out but it's really nice. It's unscented and it's a small lipstick case so I can easily carry it in my purse. It came sealed so it's all good and I'll use it this winter. I lucked out because a lot of times makeup at Winners has been opened and sampled. Winners has started to put security tape on all of their makeup now but missed this one.

I just about died when I googled how much it regularly sells for -- $88 CDN or $65 U.S. dollars. Cle de Peau is a Shiseido owned luxury brand but there's no way a plain lip balm is worth that much money. The lipstick case wasn't bougie at all, it was plain white and gold in color.

Shiseido's regular prices are expensive enough in Canada that nearly all of the Shiseido items I own including their sunscreens were bought at Winners in Canada or T.J. Maxx/Marshalls in the U.S.

Respected Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES week ending 12/13/19

I placed another Ulta order and it arrived yesterday. 

I ordered an epilator to try, I hope that it actually works and that I can give up shaving, that would be amazing!

Then I ordered some other items because I wanted their free 17 piece gift. I ordered 2 No 7 cleansing balms, 2 packs of Ulta brand facial wipes for sensitive skin, 2 individual use Ulta face masks, and a Covergirl foundation. Everything I"ve used before except the foundation is a new purchase for me to try.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the bag of free items that they sent me. Holy cow! Many of the items were really nice, full size items and they looked like a lot of things that i will actually use. A lot of times that doesn't happen with the free gifts. Plus I got a free Covergirl eyeshadow stick and the 2 face masks were free too. This is why I love shopping at Ulta!

Between this order and an order placed last month, and my BBW order, I definitely will not need any beauty items anytime soon! If I should happen to run out of a staple I will try to just grab that one replacement item and not place any more big orders until I use up some of what I have!