Super Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES week end 7/14/17

I bought the READY TO WEAR cream blush in the tube!!! OMG this stuff is super cool,it adjust to your skin and looks so pretty. It works with or without make-up. I use my clairasonic make-up head to blend it in with and it looks so flawless. It only takes a little bit. I have light, aged spotted skin! I use IT cream foundation and Dolly 10 gel foundation. 

Honored Contributor

I bought this blush/contour angled brush. It was dirt cheap, like $8 at Wmart. I thought you get what you pay for but NO not with this one! It's a really nice brush. I love how soft and dense it is. It puts down my blush perfectly and it doesn't seem to be eating my product either. I love it!Heart

Large Docolor Angled Blush/Contour Brush

-font-b-Docolor-b-font-1PCS-Super-Soft-Angled-Contour-Sculpting-Brush-Synthetic-Hair-Premium.jpg

I bought this Docolor Buki brush a few weeks ago and it's the reason why I got the blush brush as well...the quality is fantastic and the prices can't be beat.

634623a1-767e-4bee-91ae-834758842491_1.51c145dcac7c81099b5f7a113fc29115.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN,   Make sure your are on her email list because she gives discounts throughout the year.  20% most of the time but I have also received 25% and this is when I stocked up with fragrance and makeup.  If you want a light coverage the oil-free tinted moisturizer is excellent.  Also, she offers many different undertones.  You cannot tell I am wearing makeup and her powder blushes are so finely milled they do not just lay on the surface.  Don't get me started on the almond coconut products.  When I use her body butter in that scent, a lot of people compliment my scent.  Have a great weekend!

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautywise I bought a couple of Revlon Ultra HD gel lipsticks in the shades 765 Blossom (an orchid shade) and 760 Vineyard (a rose wine shade). These are creamy and slightly scented lipsticks in a twist up skinny tube. These are fairly new lipsticks to Canada. I would guess that Linda Wells who is working with Revlon now had a hand in these new lipsticks and new Revlon store displays which I've seen at London Drugs in Canada.

Image result for revlon hd gel lipstick pinterest

Edited to add I also bought an Avene try me cleanser and moisturizer kit that is for sensitive skin from Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. It's basically a travel set set too. I noticed that some SDM stores have these try me kits from the Pierre Fabre brand of skin care once in a while. I bought another try me kit from the Pierre Fabre brand a few weeks ago at Shoppers Drug Mart -- the A-Derma line also for sensitive skin and dermatitis.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1@TY@SilleeMee@RACALAMB2@ItsME

I purchased Wanderlust powder foundation and the double-ended concealer.

I'm a happy camper!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Fessing up.  July is my birthday month, so I went to ULTA and got my free gift.  I also bought the IT eyeshadow trio in the pretty in nude (its my favorite and always have one in use and one back up).  I also purchased a back up of the Confidence in a glow, natural.

Found out the ombre blush by IT is being discontinued per the IT Cosmetic vendor. I like that blush and got a plum and one other color on the IT website. 

I was bad......LOL

Deb

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

I ordered the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer, wtih sponge.  It took them four days to ship it.  Hopefully it will get here soon!  And, even more importantly, I hope the color works and that I love the product!

I bought this earlier in the week in Light.  Color is good but I don't think I'm going to be able to use it.  My 58 year old skin around my eyes is just too dry and this is a very drying concealer.  I've tried using Neutrogena HydroBoost and my moisturizer with it but MY skin prefers the more emollient Bye Bye Undereye by It Cosmetics.  Tomorrow I'm going to apply both concealers and see which one wears better.

Also purchased Tarte Hangover 3n1 spray Primer, Settting Spray and Replenishing Spray and Ben Nye's Rose Petal Lux Powder. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm,   If you are close to a Sephora or Nordstrom, try Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer.  It's creamy but dense.  I apply a small amount and then pat on and then smooth out.  I have been using for 4 years or so and I am in my mid 60's.  Good luck.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@monicakm@ItsME

I have the Shape Tape and it just sits there in the drawer looking at me.

: (

I don't use it because it is too heavy for me and feels like it suffocates my skin. Also, the color is not quite right. Ah, well.,,

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm & @LTT1

I might not have taken the leap if I'd seen your comments first!  I'm 63.  I know I'll need to us a light hand with this.  Still hoping for the best!  If not, I'll return it.

@monicakm ... I do like Bye Bye Undereyes... just hopeing for something a little better, with more staying power.  I'm really gun-shy of anything Neutrogena.....  Several years ago I had a severe chemical burn from their sunscreen, which everyone else seems to wear easily!  I know the ingredients are differen in the concealer, but I'm still afraid to try their skin care products.