Honored Contributor

BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 9/29/17

[ Edited ]

Happy Friday, Beauties.  It was nice to shop at Nordstrom Beauty with 15% discount.  This is what I purchased:

Laura Mercier Secret Concealer - I have been using for 4 or 5 years now.  Never settles into lines, creamy but not overly so.

Laura Mercier Cream Blush - I have been wanting to try this so with it being on sale, I ordered it.  It is wonderful.  I place my index finger in the blush and tap on the cheek and add more where needed.   It looks so natural.  The pink shade Oleander is really nice.  Looks different in person than online.

Bumble & Bumble All-Style - It's a heat protective product that also adds bounce, shine and volume.  I could not believe how nice my hair looked after I blow dried it.  You take a small amount of the creme and rub in between your hands and run through your hair.  It's nice to have your hair protected when blow drying and then you get the extra bonus of shine, bounce and volume.  

Beauties, please share your purchases and/or review.  I hope you had a great week and wish you a wonderful weekend.  Stay Pretty!

HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 9/29/17

I ordered 2 palettes this week, and 1 I don't have yet. 

Westmore Beauty Eyecons LE 100th Anniversary eyeshadow palette- the colors are right up my alley and I just got this item from my mail box this morning and I haven't even swatched it. The packaging is unique, but I want the product to be good, so I'll try them out this weekend. 

NYX Love Contours All palette - I ordered this from Ulta and it has 9 eyeshadows and 4 face powders and 2 powders that can be used for contour or even eyeshadows. I haven't received it yet. 

The Deciem website has a new brand with lip products and the brand is ESHO. I ordered the Drench lip tx. I also ordered a couple skin care products from The Ordinary brand: Niacinamide 10%+Zinc 1% and a new product called EUK 134 0.1%. 

OPI nail polish in the color The First Lady of Nails-  this is an olive/army green color from their Fall 2016 Washington DC collection. 

L'Oréal Matte liquid lipstick in the shade Milk & Cookies.  Have not received yet. 

I think thats it! Have a safe and blessed weekend! 

Honored Contributor

Huda Desert Dusk palette, I have to say, I wasn't sure how it would work for me with my coloring ( which is pale, I'm a bright winter) but it's just stunning. The shadows are gorgeous with a silky texture and excellent concentration. I ended up ordering the rose gold palette too as a result. The chrome toppers are amazing as are the pearls. 

I wore angelic, cosmo and saffron yesterday, the reds looked striking. They look so much better than in the photos. 

Desert-Dusk-1.png

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

New foundation by Laura Mercier-Love it, it is so sheer, yet covers, and looks great all day,especially for combo/oily skin types......

Chi Hairspray-had it before and really like it!

Good Girl Perfume by Carolina Herrerra-had a sample and loved it, and purchased the full size with the lotion, it smells so good, and lasts and I have already had compliments. It is not a light perfume though, so a little goes a long way.

Thats it for me this week!

Honored Contributor

Lancôme Bi-Facil 4.2 Ozs. bottle with their Drama Liqui-Pencil in Pacifique color. Lancôme finally had this color back in stock so I was able to order.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Huda Desert Dusk palette, I have to say, I wasn't sure how it would work for me with my coloring ( which is pale, I'm a bright winter) but it's just stunning. The shadows are gorgeous with a silky texture and excellent concentration. I ended up ordering the rose gold palette too as a result. The chrome toppers are amazing as are the pearls. 

I wore angelic, cosmo and saffron yesterday, the reds looked striking. They look so much better than in the photos. 

Desert-Dusk-1.png

I've been so tempted to order this. I watched some tutorials and it's stunning! I'm going to refrain for now! 😩😊

Respected Contributor

I took advantage of Macy's 15% off and ordered to restock some Ester Lauder moisturizers and also got free gift w/ it..🙂
Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan Do you have the rose gold palette? I can't wait until it arrives. I also really like her summer highlight palette but I haven't bought it yet. Today I wore Angelic and Turkish Delight. I haven't even tried the pale matte shades in the top row yet. 

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@wvumountiefan Do you have the rose gold palette? I can't wait until it arrives. I also really like her summer highlight palette but I haven't bought it yet. Today I wore Angelic and Turkish Delight. I haven't even tried the pale matte shades in the top row yet. 

@jaxs mom  No, I don't own the Rose Gold palette either. Both are so beautiful. Is the Desert Dusk limited edition? 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom  No, I don't own the Rose Gold palette either. Both are so beautiful. Is the Desert Dusk limited edition? 

@wvumountiefan It doesn't say it's limited edition on the Sephora site. In fact it says it will be in stores on October 13th. But if your store is anything like mine, nothing stays in stock. I have to order online more of the time. The rose gold one is really limited though, I noticed that Sephora says they only have a few left.